• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EODThree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Brazil
    Well guys, I'm finally settled (more or less) in Brazil and I need to find a good barber. I'd prefer a "traditional" shop where I can get a military style haircut, preferably a shop with critters on the wall and not a single blow-dryer within at least a quarter mile.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The way things are around here, sounds like you might need to go back to at least the 1980s. There are some barbershops still open up here but I'd hardly call any of them I've been to "good". Maybe things are different in your neck of the woods.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm not sure where Brazil is, but I understand what you're saying. I'm lucky in that I've got a good barbershop to go to here in Kokomo. Jeff's Barber Shop...good haircut, good conversation and Jeff uses a straight razor to shave your neck and clean everything up around the ears and all that.

There's a barbershop in Peru though, Kidd's Barbershop, that was a step above though in that Kidd would strop the straight razor before shaving your neck and after he finished he'd splash on the witchhazel. I sort of appreciated those little touches....reminded me of getting my haircut back when I was younger and lived in New York.

EODThree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Brazil
    When I was a youngster, lo these many years ago, our barber shop had two barber chairs (one barber) and a shoe-shine stand. Scissors and a straight-razor. The only things in the shop that ran on electricity were the lights and the ceiling fans.

bobby bobolink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Paradise Bay
    You might try Timberman's barbershop at 2 E. National Ave in Brazil. It's a family business with 3 different family members to choose from. My wife cuts my hair or i would have them do it. They are right around the corner from the gunshop i work at. The shop owners get theirs cut there and so far they haven't scared any customers away:)

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I go to a barber in Columbus. There are two or three women that cut hair there, but they're barbers and not stylists. Straight razors for the neck with warm shaving soap. Doesn't help you, but they do still exist.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    There used to be a shop in the shopping center on the SW corner of 7th and Hulman, I believe, in Terre Haute. I haven't lived in that area for a while now, so I can't be sure.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I go to a barber in Columbus. There are two or three women that cut hair there, but they're barbers and not stylists. Straight razors for the neck with warm shaving soap. Doesn't help you, but they do still exist.

Which one is that?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I used to go to Ray's barber shop, right next to the 4th Quarter bar, in Terre Haute. It's right on hwy40, just into town from Brazil, kinda a few blocks past the football stadium. Used to be 4 bucks for a crew cut.

EODThree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Brazil
    You might try Timberman's barbershop at 2 E. National Ave in Brazil. It's a family business with 3 different family members to choose from. My wife cuts my hair or i would have them do it. They are right around the corner from the gunshop i work at. The shop owners get theirs cut there and so far they haven't scared any customers away:)

I think we have a winner here...

Now, talk to me about this gun-shop, says the gun junkie :ar15:

Top Bottom