• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Just picked up a S&W Shield in 9mm tonight.

I have been eyeing this baby for a few weeks. Funds finally became available and I thought I would stop by the LGS and see if they still had one. They had been moving quickly, so I figured if it one was under glass then it was meant to be. Had 2 of the 9's and 40's in the case. Had to be carma.

I had fondled several of the competition but the Shield just felt better. That means a lot even if a few of the others were a few dollars less. Considered the 40S&W version, but decided to keep the ammo supply to a couple of calibers.

Should be more enjoyable carrying the Shield versus my full size 1911 or Beretta. Looking forward to this weekend and a little range time.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Let us know what you think. I've been looking for a pistol for my brother. He's a hobbit you see, and the Taurus 99, you know the big one like the Beretta, is just too big for him. He only had it for 20 years, finally sold it. He likes my Kahr CM9, but wants something with a safety. I recommended he try the Shield. I handled one a while back, and liked it, but I just have too many handguns right now, and my wife doesn't want me buying anymore. But my hobbit brother has none. And I'm not sharing. He can get his own.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    You will love the Shield! My girlfriend picked up a Shield in 9mm for me as a birthday gift. I absolutely love it. I carry it everyday. You'd be hard pressed to find another $400 pistol that is better IMO.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    You will love the Shield! My girlfriend picked up a Shield in 9mm for me as a birthday gift. I absolutely love it. I carry it everyday. You'd be hard pressed to find another $400 pistol that is better IMO.

Agreed, very nice firearm, factor in @ $400 & it's an awesome firearm. Love mine!

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    I actually gave up my 3rd gen Smith autos(3914) for a shield... that's how much I like mine. Lighter, slimmer, same # of rounds, nice trigger and feels like a quality pistol.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I love mine. I purchased a Crossbreed IWB holster for it and I barely know it is there. I have shot it and it was very accurate for such a small pistol.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have a Shield 40...that I hated when I got it...but now I like it a lot. I guess you can get used to anything. It conceals very well.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Where can I find this gun for $400? Thanks

Top Guns in Terre Haute.

Shot mine today for first time. I too was surprised at the accuracy for a small semi. After the first few rounds getting used to the trigger feel, I was putting them in a 4" circle from 10 yds. Expect it to get better as I get a few more sessions under my belt.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Where can I find this gun for $400? Thanks
    blythes in valpo had them this weekend for $399...
    ads have been all over the paper. Griffith might have also.

fwiw, love the shield. I have the 9mm with the apex kit in it and a ctc laser guard. carry it every day in a custom owb from hopps leather.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I love my Shield, wouldn't trade it for any other compact 9mm. It feels good in the hand, shoots very nicely and haven't had any failures in 250 rounds. You will love this little gun, very easy to carry as well.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My neighbor's dad just bought one at the Rural King in Kokomo for $350. I will try and talk him into letting me shoot it. Shouldn't be too difficult. He always lets me try out his new stuff.:):

nebulous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My neighbor's dad just bought one at the Rural King in Kokomo for $350. I will try and talk him into letting me shoot it. Shouldn't be too difficult. He always lets me try out his new stuff.:):

It is hard to resist picking up a quality carry pistol for $350.... Hmmmm..., maybe I can buy a few less gifts for others, and one more for me? :):

Top Bottom