• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I take the morning off, my seventeen year old and I drive to the CMP @ Camp Perry. Im going to buy two M1 Garands and ammo, great time with my son on the drive, had fun picking two I liked. The Springfield 1903 was so tempting! I go to counter give the all the info, Im waiting to be called. Finally after about twenty she says NICS put a wait on the purchase. I said what? She said it may be all the CCW's you have as if that makes sense? I won an apeal a year ago, I have the pre-registered ID number but I havent needed it when I have shown a dealer they have said dont need it, so I didnt bring it. She told me I could hang out, it could be minutes, hours, or days. I said I have a boiler for a church I have to fix, so I head back to Indiana. I call NICS to complain, not that it does any good, my wife couldnt find my NICS pre-registraition number as well. Bout the time I reach IN she calls back approved! But now I have to pay $44 to ship them! I strongly dislike those Brady's!!!!!!! :xmad:

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I have been delayed so many times the past couple of months, I wonder if it would be worth my time to drive up there. That really s*cks you have to ship them, especially when you want to cash and carry.

BTW, anything good on the racks:D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mendment/4796-ever_been_denied_a_firearm.html

esigler, if you wouldn't mind posting about your appeals process in the above mentioned thread, that would be awesome.

It's also my understanding that no matter what you are suppose to use your UPIN and have your certificate for every transaction for X number of years after you win your appeal. I'll have to look into that...

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Mike there were some ok on the $495 rack, but the $595 had the better by far, but the 1903's man they looked great, very good select. Maybe Im just whinning but I havent been delayed before, and driving that far wanting to pay cash, having to leave plastic then, and pay shipping as well as having to make sure somone is home to sign ticks me off.

Savage: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/20212-issues_with_nics-2.html
    And no dealer has cared about that UPIN, I have not needed it, that is until yesterday according to that sweet lady from NICS.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Did they take the paper work in the "back room" and call or call there in front of you? Could be their way to pony up a few extra dollars.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That is some good info. I read where internet checks were going to start soon.

Oh this is a great idea. No possible way these could be manipulated...:rolleyes:

There better be a choice, call or over the net. I'd rather them call than do it on the computer.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Don't suppose you happened to notice whether or not they had any M1 Carbines that were nice, did you?

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    I work at a gun shop and I know what the problem is... sorry to tell you but your pre reg. number would not have prob. helped you... they are so backed up and computers are running so many, they just put waits on them. I cant tell you how many people I have called in that never get delayed, that they put a 5 day wait on. Alot of times if I call back about 15min latter they are approved. I guess the computers just need more time to think.

Top Bottom