• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My point is, listen carefully....THE REASON DOES NOT MATTER!!! He either wrote the member here a bad check or wrote someone else a bad check. Frankly, I do not care if you like my stance on this matter, the fact is a bad check was written and some of you want to excuse that because of a funeral that was AFTER the check was written. Like I said before and will say again, after the check is written, signed and mailed, that money is no longer yours, regardless of circumstance, you have no right to spend it. I have compassion for the loss of whomever the funeral was for, but no I do not have compassion for the OP writing a bad check.

Yeah, you sound very compassionate...

Maybe you shouldn't buy stuff you don't have the money to pay for! If that were me, I would have tried to cash it a couple of times to watch your Insufficient Funds Fees go up. :twocents:

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    My point is, listen carefully....THE REASON DOES NOT MATTER!!! He either wrote the member here a bad check or wrote someone else a bad check. Frankly, I do not care if you like my stance on this matter, the fact is a bad check was written and some of you want to excuse that because of a funeral that was AFTER the check was written. Like I said before and will say again, after the check is written, signed and mailed, that money is no longer yours, regardless of circumstance, you have no right to spend it. I have compassion for the loss of whomever the funeral was for, but no I do not have compassion for the OP writing a bad check.

i agree, no matter what the circumstances, that was STEALING!! You have deprived (NO MATTER WHAT REASON) someone of money you promised them.

Last edited:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    :popcorn:

This is such an enriching thread! I never realized how fun an arguement about checkbook ledgers and financial accountability could be.

Carry on.........

oh yeah..........ibtl :dunno:......ha....I beat ATM:D

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Well, it was done and O.K. before II even began whining.

But having seen some "True Colors" here, I am educated a bit more. I had forgotten that I have a savings account at said bank, and had a tidy sum there which I had forgotten. (My Indy-1500 stash). As prearranged, the check was honored out of those funds. No harm / No foul. Thanks to all ye well-wishers. Pat

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    But having seen some "True Colors" here, I am educated a bit more. I had forgotten that I have a savings account at said bank, and had a tidy sum there which I had forgotten. (My Indy-1500 stash). As prearranged, the check was honored out of those funds. No harm / No foul. Thanks to all ye well-wishers. Pat

:rockwoot:

:cheers: ;)

and sorry pat that you had to sit there and take it where the sun dont shine, on an error that you only THOUGHT you made, and were still trying to make it right... Reps for the way you handled yourself in this thread

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Good to hear it worked out, and if I could rep you again, I would! But good job, again, on stepping forward and trying to fix what you thought was a wrong.

Now, since it was paid, have you received the item yet?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hey , bad checks are no joke. And God forbid you write on that bounces to WALMART. I wrote two checks for things a few years back and had the money in the bank. Well, I guess they waited too long to cash them and they bounced. Never got a notification, never got anything about it. 3 years later I get pulled over for speeding and get locked up for $56. They took me to Marion County for a night and then shipped me to Koskiosco County and I sat there for 2 days. Wouldn't let me withdraw the money, so I had to sit there until my dad's day off. He comes, pays the money, they drop the charges, I go home.

Now lets think about that one for a second. I owed $56 for two checks, which I would have been happy to pay on the spot, but couldn't. Instead, they take me to some sort of outpost in Indy, transport me to Marion County, book me, give me some clothes, food, a stupid shot of some kind, process me, process me out, transport me to Warsaw via Hamilton County jail to drop off others, do the whole process again, and release me.

How much money do you think that all cost? All for two bad checks I knew nothing about over 3 years before. :dunno: :scratch: :facepalm:

Moral of the story:

DON'T WRITE CHECKS PERIOD!!!!!!!!

No doubt this was when they implanted your tracking device. (Aside: I can't believe no one else noticed this to comment on it.)

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No doubt this was when they implanted your tracking device. (Aside: I can't believe no one else noticed this to comment on it.)

Blessings,
    Bill

LOL Savage got microchipped! :laugh:

:D

That's ok. If they microchipped me, I already disabled it with that magnet I was using when I was scraping metal. :dunno: If that doesn't work anymore then I guess I'm going to have to go short out a transformer somewhere....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :D

That's ok. If they microchipped me, I already disabled it with that magnet I was using when I was scraping metal. :dunno: If that doesn't work anymore then I guess I'm going to have to go short out a transformer somewhere....

Uncle-Fester-addams-family-5684336-442-288.jpg
    Uncle-Fester-addams-family-5684336-442-288.jpg

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I was hiding out in a small town getting away from my past. It's not like I was TRYING to write bad checks. I had the money to cover them. I just wasn't good at balancing a budget back then. Also keep in mind this has been over 5-6 years ago too. I've never written a check since.
    SE please don't get me started on your long list of financial irresponsibility. When are you gonna wake up and realize that nobody is buying the "But it is/was not my fault" bit anymore. You have more than enough times fortified the fact that you and money are not and apparently have never been friends. I don't disagree that you "had the money" to cover the checks that you wrote. YOU chose to spend that money (which had already been spent) again. It had nothing to do with Wal Mart holding the check to long. Balancing a budget has nothing to do with writing bad checks, balancing a check book has everything to do with it. More than a few times I have wanted an item, looked at my balance in my check book and decided not to buy said item, because it would then put my account in the negative. I would much rather do without something, than be on a store's list of people they will not accept checks from.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    If you have enough money to be able to "forget" an account and a "tidy" sum of money, why is this thread even taking place?

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think you guys are being too hard on bowhunter. I feel for Pat also but when it all comes down to it, Pat bounced a check. Really Pat broke the law and could have a large fine or a little time in jail.

Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in jail and fines reaching $5,000.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    If you have enough money to be able to "forget" an account and a "tidy" sum of money, why is this thread even taking place?

Because he thought he had made a wrong, and publically wanted to make it right. Besides the fact of how everyone feels regarding if it was avoidable, intentional, forgivable, etc, he wanted to fix it...then the bashing began and it turned into this thread.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    "SavageEagle
    I was hiding out in a small town getting away from my past. It's not like I was TRYING to write bad checks."

They tricked me!! I can't be out of money, I still have some checks left!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SE please don't get me started on your long list of financial irresponsibility. When are you gonna wake up and realize that nobody is buying the "But it is/was not my fault" bit anymore. You have more than enough times fortified the fact that you and money are not and apparently have never been friends. I don't disagree that you "had the money" to cover the checks that you wrote. YOU chose to spend that money (which had already been spent) again. It had nothing to do with Wal Mart holding the check to long. Balancing a budget has nothing to do with writing bad checks, balancing a check book has everything to do with it. More than a few times I have wanted an item, looked at my balance in my check book and decided not to buy said item, because it would then put my account in the negative. I would much rather do without something, than be on a store's list of people they will not accept checks from.

You have no room to talk about me. I'm NOT financially irresponsible. Maybe I USED to be, but the past is the past and I'm sure YOURS isn't all sunshine and rainbows perfect. You've made your share of stupid mistakes too I'm sure. The difference between you and me is that I forgive mistakes and I'm willing to give people a chance. I don't try to ruin their lives and their bank accounts just because they had a death in the family and had no choice but to use the funds that they still had in his account. :rolleyes: My friends have a name for people like that.

"SavageEagle
    I was hiding out in a small town getting away from my past. It's not like I was TRYING to write bad checks."

They tricked me!! I can't be out of money, I still have some checks left!!

You really need to stop with your stupid shenanigans. It got old a long time ago.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    You have no room to talk about me. I'm NOT financially irresponsible. Maybe I USED to be, but the past is the past and I'm sure YOURS isn't all sunshine and rainbows perfect. You've made your share of stupid mistakes too I'm sure. The difference between you and me is that I forgive mistakes and I'm willing to give people a chance. I don't try to ruin their lives and their bank accounts just because they had a death in the family and had no choice but to use the funds that they still had in his account. :rolleyes:
    I have more than enough room to talk about you. You have posted a whole lifetime of fiscal stupidity right here, out in public for all to see. As far as I can tell unless a few months ago qualifies as "the past" in your book, you are still financially irresponsible. I will not disagree that my past was not the best, but you do not see me on an internet forum, puking out all of my problems on the screen, looking for sympathy, whining that I can't find a job, living with my mom, spending money trying to fix a hunk of crap vehicle, the list goes on and on and frankly we have been through this before and it has lost the entertainment value.
    I can tell that the OP was so concerned with this situation that he:
    1.) Forgot the name of the person that the check was written to.
    2.) Forgot that he had money in another account. (which I still don't understand)

My friends have a name for people like that.
    Like I have told you before SE, I have more than likely been called worse, by more important people.
    My friends and I have a name for people like you, but I will refrain from the name calling. By the way, I thought I was on your cherished "ignore list"?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom