• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Do you use antiperspirant or just regular deodorant? If I use antiperspirant I literally have pain shooting up my arms and I don't know why. I stick with deodorant for that reason and I use Old Spice. Ive heard that anti-perspirant is bad for you. Wonder if thats true.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do you use antiperspirant or just regular deodorant? If I use antiperspirant I literally have pain shooting up my arms and I don't know why. I stick with deodorant for that reason and I use Old Spice. Ive heard that anti-perspirant is bad for you. Wonder if thats true.

You may have aluminum neurotoxicity. Most antiperspirants contain aluminum. Also, it has a nasty habit of clogging your pores, so you're more susceptible to acne or other pore-related issues. Although I haven't had any problems, I prefer not to use antiperspirant, but stick with just deodorant.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I usually use Degree sport but if I feel it is not working as well as I think it should, I switch to Arm & Hammer for a few weeks. After that the Degree is usually working well enough.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So, I went out to buy a couple of different brands this morning, and they're all virtually identical. The main ingredient in each one is still propylene glycol (and/or dipropylene glycol) with sodium stearate, water, and fragrance. I'm having a hard time understanding how one is any better than pretty much any other. Even within one brand (Old Spice, for example), where one is "regular" and the other is "super-duper long lasting", it's the same exact ingredients, which means it's all marketing.

Old Spice's packaging kills me, though. It's clear that they're trying very hard to update their stodgy image. The regular scents still smell like my dad, though.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE]YouTube - Old Spice | The Man Your Man Could Smell Like[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpUrz9RvuPk]YouTube - Old Spice | Did You Know[/ame]

:):

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    They not only don't work as well, but it seems like it's no time when that little clump of deordorant material is down to nothing, and scraping off into my pit and dropping onto the bathroom floor, into a corner I can't reach. Then I have to march into the hallway closet to my "deodorant stash", and grab a new one.:rolleyes:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    According to MensHealth.com

Menscience Advanced Deodorant is the best. Although it appears to be $17 a stick!!! That's just ridiculous but I guess if it works.

I can buy witch hazel for like a buck. I'm not paying $17 for a can of it suspended in glycerin. Also, the other active ingredient is aluminosilicate (although they call it "microzeolites" for some reason), which is the same thing that's in every over-the-counter antiperspirant and is one of the things I don't want. In other words, they're getting you to pay a fortune for marketing the same thing you can get at CVS for three bucks.

Top Bottom