• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Madine85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    My fiance must love me a lot. After being accosted by a snake yesterday walking around the property were are thinking of buying, I came home to a big wrapped package. Inside? Snake shot for my revolver.

If that's not true love I don't know what is! <3

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One shot does not always kill with a snake shot load. So be careful.

Try a round or two at a large piece of cardboard to seen how quickly it opens up when shot out of a handgun. You will be surprised to see how big of a pattern your are really shooting.

TK

UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    My fiance must love me a lot. After being accosted by a snake yesterday walking around the property were are thinking of buying, I came home to a big wrapped package. Inside? Snake shot for my revolver.

I'd say your one lucky couple. After nearly 40 years I still can't seem to get it right no matter what I get her.:dunno:

Madine85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    So does that mean the house is a "go"?

We're going to put an offer on it Wednesday. But we're really hoping. Its a great house, nice and big. Plus a new horse barn, 3 other out buildings, 30+ acres, its own spring house. Its pretty much everything we've wanted in a house.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    So does that mean the house is a "go"?

So far. :D I'll finally be able to have my own range...

Uncle Harley said:
    I'd say your one lucky couple. After nearly 40 years I still can't seem to get it right no matter what I get her.

The other thing inside the package was a sparkly necklace. I'm still not sure which one was the "better" half of the gift.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    My fiance must love me a lot. After being accosted by a snake (?) yesterday walking around the property were are thinking of buying, I came home to a big wrapped package. Inside? Snake shot for my revolver.

So let me get this right . . . . an animal that will run from you unless cornered "accosted" you, on property, you are buying.

Are you going to kill all of these fine creatures of God because you have some irrational fear of snakes?

Let me give a little heads up. Sure hope you like mice and rats!

You see, snakes keep these vermin in check.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Kids these days. GFs son is terrified of snakes. We were at Lowe's and there was a hawk or something screeching. He got this look on his face and said "what is that?" I said "It's a snake, man, watch out." I think I'd do in the rattlers, cottonmouths, whatever, but blacksnakes & garters are cool. Man, I'd love a place like that. Enjoy!

Madine85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    So let me get this right . . . . an animal that will run from you unless cornered "accosted" you, on property, you are buying.

Are you going to kill all of these fine creatures of God because you have some irrational fear of snakes?

Let me give a little heads up. Sure hope you like mice and rats!

You see, snakes keep these vermin in check.

Obviously, I forgot to put the accosted part in purple.

And not all snakes will run from you even in the open. I know well the difference between poisonous and non snakes. The snake shot is for the poisonous. We don't actually anticipate any problems. We figure once the horses take up shop in the field they'll scare off most of the snakes.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Honestly, same here. On the homestead, poisonous snakes were always dead but king snakes / black snakes got a friendly welcome.

I have been known to squeegee a copperhead out of the Knoxville mountain-top transmitter building rather than kill him. I was always armed up there and the mice had done damage before.

Otherwise, I've had some neighbors freaked out about black snakes and I just transplanted them in a pillow case.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Accosted by a snake?

Coming home to a big wrapped package?

Too many slow pitches here to make the jokes sporting!

Best wishes to you and yours.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    My wife goes all heebeegeebee over any snake. She has a fear one will come up through the septic system and bite her ass!!

I see at least 4 -> 5 each time I mow. I shooed an 8 foot King off our rock road last week, he was sunning.

I caught two Copperheads one day while Bush Hogging. I took them to DNR for display and education purposes.

Absolutely amazing critters!

Top Bottom