Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    ...a suppressor
    it would be my first Class III item
    i would like to convert my 10/22 into a real quiet critter killer
    and
    possibly throw it onto my AR every one in a while to help reduce some noise while shooting that as well.

Any thoughts on good accurate barrels for the 10/22?
    should i just get my stock carbine barrel threaded instead?
    will the threading be the same between my AR and 10/22?

what are your thoughts
    experiences
    any ideas on multiplatform between these two particular rifles to make switching back and forth nice and easy?
    suggestions on suppressors?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Threads should be the same. Check Barrels from Tactical Solutions, Volquartson, and KIDD

you can get one of these suppressors for $125 - 22W3GSG1911.jpg picture by semperfiusmc0331 - Photobucket

You just have to send a PM to SemperFiUSMC

and just for clarity, you're talking about shooting .22lr through your AR correct?

Can't really shoot .223 through a .22lr suppressor. The pressure is quite a bit different and you could risk damaging your suppressor.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    Threads should be the same. Check Barrels from Tactical Solutions, Volquartson, and KIDD

you can get one of these suppressors for $125 - 22W3GSG1911.jpg picture by semperfiusmc0331 - Photobucket

You just have to send a PM to SemperFiUSMC

and just for clarity, you're talking about shooting .22lr through your AR correct?

Can't really shoot .223 through a .22lr suppressor. The pressure is quite a bit different and you could risk damaging your suppressor.

awesome thanks for the links
    i love the price on that

as far as the clarrification...i was meaning buying a suppressor that would work for 5.56 and .22lr
    i would assume that i would need to buy a 5.56 suppressor and it would work for .22lr as well

if these are completely different animals then i will see if this guy can build me one for each at that price ;)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    awesome thanks for the links
    i love the price on that

as far as the clarrification...i was meaning buying a suppressor that would work for 5.56 and .22lr
    i would assume that i would need to buy a 5.56 suppressor and it would work for .22lr as well

if these are completely different animals then i will see if this guy can build me one for each at that price ;)

Nope, he only does .22lr

You'll have to wait for someone else to chime in on using a 5.56 can on a .22lr. I've always heard that's a no-no. but I really have no idea

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    Not a good idea to use a 223 can with 22LR. Even if the can will come apart there is a chance of enough lead build up that the can will not come apart.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    A 22 silencer is a good place to start, I say start because silencers are addictive. Like posted above, it's best not to shoot .22lr out of a 5.56 can, but the Tac-65 is a take apart 5.56 can if you really want to go that route. But a 5.56 can weighs a ton on the end of a .22 I would research and hear if possible before buying any silencer. With the wait and $200 tax it will be yours forever unless you sell it (but used silencers are hard to sell) for a good price. So if your "married" to this silencer, make it a good one. My 1st 22 silencer I was happy with till I tried to take it apart. That said get a take apart .22 can, if you want to dip, soak, shake, etc a .22 can with a 1000+ rounds through it and then take it apart to see the crap that didn't come out feel free to come by if you local. 22 cans are very dirty and lead builds up really fast in them to have a "sealed" can.

Good luck, and post some pics when you get your 1st silencer!

nwolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    I agree the tac series is probably the best type of can for a starter. I love that you can take them apart to clean them.

Top Bottom