• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Has a long way to go still. It's only in committee, must get out of there, and BOTH houses must pass it and then signed by the governor. Any idea if the governor would sign it? Any idea what the majority of the houses are for/against thi bill?

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

General NWI Status Update Thread (Subscribe to it):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post.html

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I would say that it has a good chance of passing since there is a republican majority in the house and senate and we have a republican governor.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think they have to hit the employers that are knowingly employing illegals. That is the honey that draws the flies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think they have to hit the employers that are knowingly employing illegals. That is the honey that draws the flies.
    In that case, they need to hit the "social services" as well. No reason the .gov should be exempt from their own laws. Dry up the freebies across the board.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    OK before evryone starts throwing this and that out there . PLEASE remember ther key word here is illegal. Come here learn the language , become a citizens , pay your taxes, don't suck off the system , and I have no problem with it . Ask me for my citizenship papers I can prove it .:noway:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Any positive step towards stemming the government sponsored illegal invasion is welcome in my book. By the way I think few Americans have a problem with legal immigrants coming to this country and becoming productive citizens. Its the criminal invaders coming to suck on the tax tit that people have a problem with. And if it comes to stapling my papers to my forehead to stem the flow illegal invaders, so be it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have 2 problems.
    1. What constitutes "proof of citizenship"? SS Card, birth certificate? I have those and see them forged all the time. I do not have any other "proof of citizenship" even though my family came to this country 100yrs ago. To be fair under the law I would detain ALL persons regardless of race or nationality that could not show mee their citizenship papers.
    2. If I find an illegal, what am I supposed to do with them? I cannot deport them and ICE won't.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I have 2 problems.
    1. What constitutes "proof of citizenship"? SS Card, birth certificate? I have those and see them forged all the time. I do not have any other "proof of citizenship" even though my family came to this country 100yrs ago. To be fair under the law I would detain ALL persons regardless of race or nationality that could not show mee their citizenship papers.
    2. If I find an illegal, what am I supposed to do with them? I cannot deport them and ICE won't.

Those parts of the bill are bad. It puts a large burden on local Law Enforcement to house non-violent illegals in already crowded jails who then probably won't even be deported anyway.

It also is going to make life hell for all of the citizens who speak Spanish or look like they do. They will be profiled and hassled.

Denny is right, the only way to do this fairly is to hold every single person the police stop and force them to prove they are legally here. Only making a certain portion of the population stop is wrong.

Prove you belong! Prove your existence!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have 2 problems.
    1. I don't know... :dunno:
    2. Turn them Over to the Military as Non-Uniformed Combatants of a Foreign Power... :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Denny is right, the only way to do this fairly is to hold every single person the police stop and force them to prove they are legally here. Only making a certain portion of the population stop is wrong.

Why? You folks South of US30 all have that southern Indiana twang. So if I pull one of you over, I would know right away you are from somewhere down South. But still probably a citizen. So I give you your ticket and send you on your way. If I pull someone over that can't speak English, only Esperanto (yeah, I know what it is). I might be suspicious that you ain't from around here, are you boy. Then you have those in between who have an Esperantoan accent but speak English. Those might require a few questions being asked. I have faith that most of our officers have the ability to make most of those determinations in the field.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Why? You folks South of US30 all have that southern Indiana twang. So if I pull one of you over, I would know right away you are from somewhere down South. But still probably a citizen. So I give you your ticket and send you on your way. If I pull someone over that can't speak English, only Esperanto (yeah, I know what it is). I might be suspicious that you ain't from around here, are you boy. Then you have those in between who have an Esperantoan accent but speak English. Those might require a few questions being asked. I have faith that most of our officers have the ability to make most of those determinations in the field.

What about a citizen who's first language is spanish/french/german/hindi/cantonese/etc. who have a really thick accent that is hard for the officer to understand. They can still be citizens. Should they have to prove that they are a citizen? That just rubs me the wrong way that other citizens would have to prove their citizenship because an officer had a "reasonable suspicion" due to their accent.

I totally understand once they are arrested for something.

Also, I love the Esperanto reference. :yesway:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    What about a citizen who's first language is spanish/french/german/hindi/cantonese/etc. who have a really thick accent that is hard for the officer to understand. They can still be citizens. Should they have to prove that they are a citizen? That just rubs me the wrong way that other citizens would have to prove their citizenship because an officer had a "reasonable suspicion" due to their accent.

They already have to...

My wife has to do it EVERYTIME she needs to do something with the State. Oh I know only for those who are NOT of Hispanic Decent currently...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I actually understand that it doesn't seem fair. But life isn't always fair. From an efficiency stand point though, why should Denny waste time checking the citizenship of Billy Joe Bob from Martinsville. Instead Denny is going to spend his few minutes of interaction to detect if he is hiding weed or been drinking or whatever it is that the Billy Joe Bob's of the world are USUALLY involved in.

I didn't want to be harping on the Canadians again.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    IMO the bill is going for the "wrong end" of the problem. This is like trying to knock off one or two ants that are on the picnic table trying to get to the apple pie crumbs. The ants will continue to come in hordes becuase of the "sweet pie". How do you solve the issue with the ants? REMOVE THE APPLE PIE! So how do you solve our issue?

Remove welfare (all forms)! There won't be any more "sweetness" so those that come will be coming because they really want to come and make a new life for themselves not just "eat the sweets for free".

Also punish any biz very very harshly if they hire illegals. 1st time you loose 50% of your quaterly profit. 2nd offense you lose 50% of your semi-yearly profit. 3rd office all your yearly profit is gone. Biz won't dare hire illegals that way. So the market will dry up for them. Off course biz and our politican's love the low wages illegal go for as well. =)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    IMO the bill is going for the "wrong end" of the problem. This is like trying to knock off one or two ants that are on the picnic table trying to get to the apple pie crumbs. The ants will continue to come in hordes becuase of the "sweet pie". How do you solve the issue with the ants? REMOVE THE APPLE PIE! So how do you solve our issue?

Remove welfare (all forms)! There won't be any more "sweetness" so those that come will be coming because they really want to come and make a new life for themselves not just "eat the sweets for free".

Also punish any biz very very harshly if they hire illegals. 1st time you loose 50% of your quaterly profit. 2nd offense you lose 50% of your semi-yearly profit. 3rd office all your yearly profit is gone. Biz won't dare hire illegals that way. So the market will dry up for them. Off course biz and our politican's love the low wages illegal go for as well. =)

Exactly!!! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom