• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    If they are gong to limit when an officer is able to use deadly force, when will they start limiting the civilian? Is this the first phase?

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Will the folks in the Hood be adopting the same de-escalation practices? Until then, the ratio of death by BLDM:LEO will only widen and we'll suffer through even more LE funerals. I'm reminded of a comment made by a relative of the scum that killed Perry Renn: "He shouldn't have gotten out of his car." or some similar BS. Take your time getting there, Blues. Your lives matter.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If a murderous thug is charging an officer and the officer dispatches the murderous thug, is not the situation "de-esculated"?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    impd.jpg

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/crime/two-impd-officers-face-charges-after-protest-arrest

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    [h=1]Stinky Shoes, et al passing the buck?

City-County Council passes proposal to give majority civilian board control over IMPD’s general orders
    [/h]INDIANAPOLIS — The City-County Council voted to pass Proposal 237 Monday, which is set to reshape the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department’s General Orders Board.

The General Orders Board sets department policy.

Per Proposal 237, the new General Orders Board will be made up of seven members. The proposal calls for the mayor and the Council to appoint four citizen members, while the police chief and officers appoint the other three. The board will be charged with writing the rules that govern IMPD, everything from uniforms to Internal Affairs and fatal Use of Force investigations.

Previously, a three-member General Orders Committee, made up of two appointees by the chief of police and one by the officers, writes and oversees 534 pages of rules.

https://fox59.com/news/politics/cit...lian-board-control-over-impds-general-orders/

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it’s a good idea to give a civilian board oversight. Control over policy? Oh yeah, that won’t turn political at all. :rolleyes:

I think that’s what is coming to a lot of municipalities. Having a community set policy on policy sounds very democratic, but a board is not actually representative. It becomes a seat of power to be exploited like all seats of power to execute political whims and even gain wealth.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I think it’s a good idea to give a civilian board oversight. Control over policy? Oh yeah, that won’t turn political at all. :rolleyes:

I think that’s what is coming to a lot of municipalities. Having a community set policy on policy sounds very democratic, but a board is not actually representative. It becomes a seat of power to be exploited like all seats of power to execute political whims and even gain wealth.

What are your thoughts regarding the central state?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And whenever I start to miss being a copper, stuff like this reminds me; meh. Boys in blue have a ridiculously tough job, and aren’t paid well enough for it. This week it’s the leftists, the week before the conservatives.... rinse repeat. Stuff like this is why the Blue Line is so important to us.

Top Bottom