• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    A few nights ago I was downtown walking around the monument circle,downtown Indianapolis, around 9 PM. About 50 ft in front of me a scuffle began between 3 black men but just as it started to escalate a woman jumped in and broke it up:rolleyes:, apparently, they were all acquainted somehow- SO, hears the thing; directly across the street standing around the monument were probably ten or so IMPD (city cops) infully equiped uniforms, apparently BSing to the point that they either didn't see what was going on, saw but it didn't register, didn't care or for whatever reason didn't acknowledge what was taking place. Bear in mind this is a downtown centerpiece for tourists and families with small children. WTF?

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    :dunno: I dunno, I wasn't there. Hard telling. Maybe they saw it differently that you did. Maybe they didn't see it at all. :dunno: maybe they were off shift:dunno: maybe they were about to go moonlight at a bar.. hard telling.. Probably best anyway.. Jails are already too over crowded. Exp. since no one got hurt.. Who knows maybe they were messing around.. and all friends.. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Before the questions get asked,
    1) no, i hadn't been drinking, or had eaten or drank anything unfamiliar prior to my witnessing this
    2) no, there where no camera crews set up anywhere to indicate a film production in progress(although it would have fit the scene to a T):D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So when you say scuffle broke out, I picture shoving, pushing, maybe someone gets knocked down.

What happened to indicate it was nothing but horseplay? What happened specifically that you think IMPD should rush over and straighten out these 3 guys?

I wish I could have seen what you had seen. I might get a better idea as to why you seem alarmed by the cops' apathy or lack of interest in their surroundings.

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    :dunno: I dunno, I wasn't there. Hard telling. Maybe they saw it differently that you did. Maybe they didn't see it at all. :dunno: maybe they were off shift:dunno: maybe they were about to go moonlight at a bar.. hard telling.. Probably best anyway.. Jails are already too over crowded. Exp. since no one got hurt.. Who knows maybe they were messing around.. and all friends.. :dunno::dunno::dunno:
    Could be either of those 2- I realize there's not a cut and dry explanation-and i'm not really looking to analyze or make a big deal of it. It just hit me as odd-like, i wanted to ask someone else if they just saw what i did

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So when you say scuffle broke out, I picture shoving, pushing, maybe someone gets knocked down.

What happened to indicate it was nothing but horseplay? What happened specifically that you think IMPD should rush over and straighten out these 3 guys?

I wish I could have seen what you had seen. I might get a better idea as to why you seem alarmed by the cops' apathy or lack of interest in their surroundings.
    Well for one because these where grown men, late 20's at least. I heard some yelling and angry words exchanged, another thing i thought would've gotten the cops' attention. There was no laughing after it was broken up, as most likely would've happened if it was horseplay.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I find it best when the authorities have less involvement. The problem worked itself out, no one was arrested, and no taxpayer money was wasted. Win / Win

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    A few nights ago I was downtown walking around the monument circle,downtown Indianapolis, around 9 PM. About 50 ft in front of me a scuffle began between 3 black men but just as it started to escalate a woman jumped in and broke it up:rolleyes:, apparently, they were all acquainted somehow- SO, hears the thing; directly across the street standing around the monument were probably ten or so IMPD (city cops) infully equiped uniforms, apparently BSing to the point that they either didn't see what was going on, saw but it didn't register, didn't care or for whatever reason didn't acknowledge what was taking place. Bear in mind this is a downtown centerpiece for tourists and families with small children. WTF?

I think there is a huge need for law enforcement officers, but in this situation, I don't see where a law needed to be enforced. You can tell when someone REALLY wants to fight and if that is the case, it would be hard for one person to stop it from happening. Maybe it's good they didn't do anything to draw unnecessary attention to the non-event. Besides, if it was really that bad, I'm sure you would have directed their attention to what was going on.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Mutual combatants, both engaged equally?

Why get in the middle of it? Neither will want to press charges, nor will they testify against the other because it implicates themselves.

If the prosecutor pursues, its all on the city. Why waste the money???

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe the woman interjected and said "Hey you jerks! knock it off! There's a bunch of Cops over there!" Problem solved and the LEO's presence alone may have stopped the incident. Job well done IMPD! :yesway:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If the officers had intervened, the headlines the next day would have been..."Mob of Cops Display Excessive Force!"

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'll admit, I've commented on a few cop bashing threads, but it really strikes me as funny that people ***** when cops DO intervene, then the same ones ***** when the cops DON'T intervene! What do you guys want? It can't be both ways.:dunno:

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    I notice you didn't spring into action either. You stood by and watched a woman break up three men fighting and then complained how nobody helped. Good job.

Top Bottom