• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Never know, we might accidently get lucky and land on a quiet diamond in the rough?

Even that crazy-assed Fetterman is fooling around and saying some smart stuff, as his eggs become unscrambled?
    You've better odds of winning Powerball, twice in a row. That place talks a lot about leadership but anyone who displays anything remotely resembling actual leadership hits a glass ceiling at the rank of Captain, and very few make it that far.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Unfortunately the police chief's hands are tied by the mayor, city council, and at the mercy of the of the prosecutor's office. Until those change the chief is just a figurehead and the mayor's puppet and scapegoat.

I suggest Angela Ganote. At least she will look good during the press conferences.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No, there is no one to root for.
    Yup, I'm sure there is a TON of posturing going on up on the 2nd floor. There is "at least" 1 I REALLY don't want to see in that position but I don't put much effort into worrying about anything beyond my shift. We've been down this road tooooo many times haven't we?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Unfortunately the police chief's hands are tied by the mayor, city council, and at the mercy of the of the prosecutor's office. Until those change the chief is just a figurehead and the mayor's puppet and scapegoat.

I suggest Angela Ganote. At least she will look good during the press conferences.
    We already have people that don't know dick about the job in positions of power, we don't need another one. And she is not that good looking.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Yup, I'm sure there is a TON of posturing going on up on the 2nd floor. There is "at least" 1 I REALLY don't want to see in that position but I don't put much effort into worrying about anything beyond my shift. We've been down this road tooooo many times haven't we?
    Yeah, we've been down this road before. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    We already have people that don't know dick about the job in positions of power, we don't need another one. And she is not that good looking.
    That's exactly the point. The person who will be taking the place of Taylor will just be exactly the same. Until there are changes in the Council, Mayor, and Prosector's Office whoever comes in is the same puppet as the one leaving. Either not knowing dick, or not being able to change anything.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    That's exactly the point. The person who will be taking the place of Taylor will just be exactly the same. Until there are changes in the Council, Mayor, and Prosector's Office whoever comes in is the same puppet as the one leaving. Either not knowing dick, or not being able to change anything.
    Yeah, nothing is going to change other than who is in the position because of how Marion County voters vote.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah, nothing is going to change other than who is in the position because of how Marion County voters vote.

Right. The voting population and attitude may never change, short of public upheaval in costal urban metros and Chicago.

Even if there was an epiphany and some big cities flipped back to sanity, we still may not see change in Indy in our lifetimes? Indy follows the other big city lib leadership and some anchors in the machine will just have to die before anyone new gets placed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Right. The voting population and attitude may never change, short of public upheaval in costal urban metros and Chicago.

Even if there was an epiphany and some big cities flipped back to sanity, we still may not see change in Indy in our lifetimes? Indy follows the other big city lib leadership and some anchors in the machine will just have to die before anyone new gets placed.
    Dont count on it. It wont happen. How do I know? One word:

Carson

When one corrupt pawn falls, another takes their place.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This has to be the most stellar idea you have proposed all year Kelly!
    First 25 INGOers to arrive will get free hillbilly teeth. Now where can I get a bulk buy on Stringbean hats?

Top Bottom