• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    After working late, late the night before, I was driving into work around 10am Thursday. I was traveling west on 96th just west of Meridian and, immediately after a round-about, came up on a IMPD officer with someone pulled over.

I slowed down and pulled a little over the the left.

Not enough. I knew it and this gentleman knew it as he threw his hands up into the air. :dunno: <---kinda like that.

I slowed further and, as expected, he hopped in his car then pulled me over. I slowed, turned on the signal THEN PULLED ONTO A SIDE ROAD RATHER THAN BEING STUCK IN THE MOTOR LANE LIKE I HAD FOUND THEM.

He walked up and politely asked me if I knew why he had stopped me.

"Yep. Sorry about that... I tried to slow down and move over but I'm guessing you believe I should have pulled over further and slowed down even more."

My insurance and registration are kept in a kinda log book in the center console... a left over from my flying days. It includes my insurance, registration, business cards for both jobs, and copies of both my UT Non-res and Indiana Lifetime LTCH. As I handed over my insurance and registration (along with license from my wallet,) seeing my carry docs, he asked if I had a gun with me.

"Yes, in the bag next to me."

He and I both knew I had messed up. I have to work on satellite trucks or microwave trucks on the side of interstates. Steering well clear of pedestrians is extremely important. I've nearly been hit myself.

Long story, short: He walked back to his car and asked me not to get my gun out of the bag while he was gone. :D He came back, we talked about gun models, 5.11 vs Blackhawk gear and the NFL job/card in my docs.

Then he gave me warning. I won't discuss everything we talked about - he was an excellent young man and I wouldn't want to incriminate him regarding details of a candid conversation about a variety of topics.

He cut me a break. He wasn't a jerk about me being armed. He was a heck of a nice guy.

Either way, if you ever make it to INGO I'll tell you the same thing I told you then.

"THANKS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!" :yesway:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    If it had been this one blonde, female IMPD officer that I saw the other day... well, then that could have been a pleasant experience. This dude? Definitely not one anothers type.

Aaaaarrr...

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    If it had been this one blonde, female IMPD officer that I saw the other day... well, then that could have been a pleasant experience. This dude? Definitely not one anothers type.

Aaaaarrr...
    :scratch:

Im guessing your married and the wife knows purple means sarcasm

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    It is always nice to have a good experience with LEO but there are some that are not so pleasant to deal with and those are the one that causes black eyes for the department.

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    there not all dicks trust me, just some of them. you can usually tell in the first minute of your experience. it also can just be a bad day for the officer so he takes it out on his job LOL or you.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    It's always great to see a positive experience with LE turn into a bashing thread and get comments about how that is the only officer who has ever handled something properly. This may be my last post on this site as I'm getting sick of reading the same BS on every visit.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    It's always great to see a positive experience with LE turn into a bashing thread and get comments about how that is the only officer who has ever handled something properly. This may be my last post on this site as I'm getting sick of reading the same BS on every visit.

Agreed. It's honestly only a handful of the rather large group of active members who behave this way though. Hope you can push on through the BS.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    For the record, I was pointing out how silly some people are on here. I'm in school for Homeland Security/Conservation Law Enforcement. I have a lot of respect for LEOs. I figured my sarcasm was pretty obvious =p

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    My statement still stands, its the handful of Leo on departments that makes a bad reputation for that department because of how they handle there interactions with the public.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    My statement still stands, its the handful of Leo on departments that makes a bad reputation for that department because of how they handle there interactions with the public.

And the handful of attorneys, doctors, car salesmen, insurance adjusters, union members, customer service agents, bartenders, judges, professional sports athletes, ministers, parents...where does it end??

Simple truth - The majority of folks behave well the majority of the time. The minority behaves badly the majority of the time.

There are jerks everywhere. How we respond to it defines us - not them.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I didn't know Frank worked up north. :D

I don't, and I don't think P_M makes it down into Mars Hill too often. I think he only shows up for family reunions. :):

Not Frank. I know Frank. Frank is a good foot taller than the officer I spoke with. The top of his head wasn't as flat as Frank's either. ;)

Thats one thing that sucks about being 6'6", everyone knows me. I can't ever do anything illegal because it would be easy to tell who I was on the videotape. As far as the flat head, my barber gets a little crazy with the clippers sometimes.

In all seriousness, I'm glad you had a good experience with one of my coworkers.

Top Bottom