• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I was perusing Gunbroker.com, and saw this auction: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/859090708 I noticed the G-22 Gen 4 was an IMPD issue, (IM33xxPD), for a low initial bid of $310, BUT…….the ad said, the pistol in the picture was a stock photo and just a representation of the pistol you would receive.

Interested I contacted Southern Armament out of Louisville KY by the GB ask the seller a question link, and found out it was true, that the pistol pictured was probably not the one I would be sent if I won the Auction. (I declined/did not bid) however I was told by Southern Armament that they have several IMPD turn in G-22's of various levels of wear from as new to well worn.

So...……..if your interested in an official IMPD Glock-22 in .40 cal for your collection, you might want to give them a call.

Southern Armament

http://www.sa-arms.com

• 11707 Robinlynn Lane
    • Louisville, KY 40243

(502) 235-7272

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hmmm? IMPD broke assed gun, did Glock ever figure out why they wouldn’t work? Southern Armament can keep them. Maybe it was State PoPo 22’s that didn’t work? I don’t remembe4.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hmmm? IMPD broke assed gun, did Glock ever figure out why they wouldn’t work? Southern Armament can keep them. Maybe it was State PoPo 22’s that didn’t work? I don’t remembe4.

There was no issue with the IMPD gen 4. Nor did ISP have issues, if they every even issued them. Glock 21 before switching to Sig P227.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    When my SIL was getting his new issued Glock from IMPD he was allowed to buy his duty weapon and "One Other". I requested the "One Other". $342. Came with original case, speed loader, three mags, the original shell casing from 10/13/11 and a bore brush. It was in excellent shape, other than a bit of rash on the outside of the grip. My gunsmith, retired IMPD, told be that the rash was from the seat belt buckle. It is our dedicated home defense gun. Serial IM2XXXPD. Some time later we were vacationing in the Smoky's and stopped in at Bud's Gun Shop and was checking prices on police trade in Glock 22's. They pulled out a nice example with an engraved slide. Marion County Sheriff's Department. Since I did not have any remote connection to MCSD, I let it pass.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    The issues Vig were with the new 17M originally and the issue has been resolved.
    These were all pre-17M's.
    My MCSD issue was MC092SD, I wish I knew where it was.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Lol, wut. I have two "retired" IMPD G22s and sold a third. ISP had the issues with Glocks, probably because they kept limp-wristing them.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    When my SIL was getting his new issued Glock from IMPD he was allowed to buy his duty weapon and "One Other". I requested the "One Other". $342. Came with original case, speed loader, three mags, the original shell casing from 10/13/11 and a bore brush. It was in excellent shape, other than a bit of rash on the outside of the grip. My gunsmith, retired IMPD, told be that the rash was from the seat belt buckle. It is our dedicated home defense gun. Serial IM2XXXPD. Some time later we were vacationing in the Smoky's and stopped in at Bud's Gun Shop and was checking prices on police trade in Glock 22's. They pulled out a nice example with an engraved slide. Marion County Sheriff's Department. Since I did not have any remote connection to MCSD, I let it pass.

Is Lon H. or Jeff McH your gunsmith?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Lol, wut. I have two "retired" IMPD G22s and sold a third. Actually, one was IPD because it was issued in 2002. ISP had the issues with Glocks, probably because they kept limp-wristing them.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK, I thought the original order of 17M's were sent back because of a slide/frame issue,
    PS, I got an E-mail from Southern Armament this morning correcting the original one.
    I guess this IMPD Gen 4 G-22 as listed in this auction (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/859090708) "IS" the actual one for sale ending today.
    $310 starting bid, come on, you know you want it!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Back late 1990's early 2000's (whenever they used the 22's) I know the state police did have issues with their .40 cal glocks and to keep it hush glock offered to replace them with all 9mm's. I dont remember now if they took the glocks or if that's when they went to the sigs or did they have sigs before the glocks?
    It's been too many years now since the story was relayed to me, but it was directly from a state trooper to my ears. Now, where he got that info, I have no clue. But that is what was told to me.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    OK, I thought the original order of 17M's were sent back because of a slide/frame issue,
    PS, I got an E-mail from Southern Armament this morning correcting the original one.
    I guess this IMPD Gen 4 G-22 as listed in this auction (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/859090708) "IS" the actual one for sale ending today.
    $310 starting bid, come on, you know you want it!

The issue was with the takedown lever spring.

Top Bottom