• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Not sure if theres a lot going on or what, had to wait on hold for the 911 dispatch. Called at 6:23, haven't seen an officer yet. The guy that hit me informed me he has no insurance and really wants to leave the scene... fun night so far

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Not sure if theres a lot going on or what, had to wait on hold for the 911 dispatch. Called at 6:23, haven't seen an officer yet. The guy that hit me informed me he has no insurance and really wants to leave the scene... fun night so far

Gather ALL the Info that You can before he leaves. Registration, Telephone number, Vehicle Description, DL info, ask If his address is current, etc. Be nice and he may be cooperative.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Don't let him leave. I was hit by an old lady who decided not to stay once I called 911. When the officer arrived, he said he couldn't even make a report because the other drive was gone.

The old bag gave me her ID and phone number, but would never return my calls about fixing the tail light she busted out. Wasn't worth going through insurance, but I would expect someone who has been around so long to be respectful and do the right thing.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I only wish IMPD was like Hamilton Co., no license means you are going to jail and car is getting towed, betting this guy gets a ticket and someone drives the car away...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I only wish IMPD was like Hamilton Co., no license means you are going to jail and car is getting towed, betting this guy gets a ticket and someone drives the car away...
    Hmmm, considering that driving on a suspended license, nor operating while never receiving a valid license is not a misdemeanor exception and requires the officers witness the drivers...drive...in order to make an outright arrest...interesting. I ticket them and tow the vehicle.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

I hear you there. I was involved in a collision a month ago. The other driver fled but stopped a half mile away parked her car and left in another vehicle. She returned later after the police located the vehicle but was only given a citation for her license. Not sure if it is a county thing or what.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Hmmm, considering that driving on a suspended license, nor operating while never receiving a valid license is not a misdemeanor exception and requires the officers witness the drivers...drive...in order to make an outright arrest...interesting. I ticket them and tow the vehicle.

If the person had a dash cam that showed this and gave it to the officer would that qualify?

Top Bottom