• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You just kinda sound bitter now. I realize there have been many instances of LEO bashing here, some for good reason, some not, but, you're really not helping your side here. :twocents:

Nothing I could possibly type would help my side. I've given up helping my side with this crowd.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Nothing I could possibly type would help my side. I've given up helping my side with this crowd.
    I disagree. You have made many good arguments, and, on more than one occasion, given me a different perspective on things. True, there are a few here who will never hear what you are saying and look at things from another angle, but there are many who will.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have an idea, if Curry wants to complain about evidence handling why doesn't he demand to take over the entire process. He can hire folks to work in the property room, his prosecutors can be responsible for ferrying the evidence back and forth to court, he can pay to store it, he can be responsible for its disposition. I doubt you'd get much complaint from the police.
    Uhhh....

I don't think they have any choice in the matter by Law...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You have changed my mind on more than one occasion. Stay the course sir. Many can not be swayed even in the face of a reality check. Once a hard head makes up their minds they can not be swayed, hence the term, Hard head. Of course hard head can also be used to describe my son at times. He uses his head as a door opener.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

Phylodog,

What exactly do you mean by "my side"? I certainly never lumped you into the group that screwed the Bisard thing up; just as I don't lump anyone in IMPD into that except the people that did it.

I'm not a Marion Co. resident, but I generally consider myself on IMPD's "side". They have done some great work that I have personally witnessed, including doing an incredible job when a close friend of wife's was being armed robbed while on the phone with my wife. Their response was nothing short of phenomenal.

That said, when evidence is getting buggered up like this, there have to be complaints and there have to be consequences. I would think that all the good LEO's up there would be the first to see this.

Best,

Joe

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He ran over someone, or he was drunk and ran over someone. Seems to me, the only question is whether he was drunk or not. He killed someone, not sure I care whether he was drunk or not.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Phylodog,

What exactly do you mean by "my side"? I certainly never lumped you into the group that screwed the Bisard thing up; just as I don't lump anyone in IMPD into that except the people that did it.

I'm not a Marion Co. resident, but I generally consider myself on IMPD's "side". They have done some great work that I have personally witnessed, including doing an incredible job when a close friend of wife's was being armed robbed while on the phone with my wife. Their response was nothing short of phenomenal.

That said, when evidence is getting buggered up like this, there have to be complaints and there have to be consequences. I would think that all the good LEO's up there would be the first to see this.

Best,

Joe

The term "my side" was used by someone else and I was responding to it. It wasn't my term to define.

I suspect that the Bisard blood was mishandled because it was not being treated as any other blood evidence would be treated. I suspect it was being treated differently and that is why the screw up took place. If that is the case then shame on whomever decided to treat it differently. If that isnt the case and it was intentionally mishandled then those responsible should be prosecuted.

c3d4b2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Did they ever say who and why the blood was removed from the cooler?

It looks like the Director of Public safety.

In a scathing letter hand-delivered to Mayor Greg Ballard's office the next day, Curry called for the immediate removal of Public Safety Director Frank Straub and Ellen Corcella, deputy chief of professional standards, who directed officers to examine the blood samples and accompanied them to the property area.

tbone1951

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Bisard

I have one question. How many regular people have had this happen to them, evidence screwed up on DWI causing death. I think all involved should be fired with loss of benefits.
    This person was drunk on duty and killed someone.
    I am sure if it were me my evidence would not have been handled in such a careless manner.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This whole case has been FUBAR'd from the get go. The only question that really needs answering at this point is whether or not it was deliberate. I'd really like to see a special prosecutor assigned to it and maybe a grand jury.

Being that the IMPD commonly handles drunken driving causing death cases, how to properly document the condition of the driver is HARDLY something unfamiliar to them.

So it's much MORE likely than not that the way this case has been handled by IMPD IS deliberate.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    how many other people could get in a wreck causing a fatality and tell the investigators that they have a black bag in the trunk that needs to go away before they start the investigation and the investigators let it go.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    How much?

As in O.J., or higher; civil, around $50,000,000. Those families have been notably quiet, hmmm?
    Yes, really. We already know that Bisard is responsible for killing someone. The blood alcohol situation is not likely to be allowed into evidence, (they assured that early on). What needs to be determined now is if the IMPD people are criminals or incompetent and make them suffer for whichever one it is.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't know that I would consider one of the most righteous wrongful death actions in recorded history to be "cashing in".

Joe

I agree that it would be difficult to find a more deserving loss worthy of compensation, but it is commendable that they are grieving first and leaving such concerns for a later time.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't know that I would consider one of the most righteous wrongful death actions in recorded history to be "cashing in".

Joe
    True enough. Not the best phrasing but if they'd gone after IMPD early on that's exactly how many would have seen it. After the "trial", it'll be all the justice they may get.

Top Bottom