• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Allen County, city of Fort Wayne, known anti (civilian) gun Chief of Police Rusty York signed mine FTF. Shook his hand and was on my way. 15 minutes total. :)

You'd think there'd be more of a demand in Ft. Wayne? With what...300k people?

And I THINK the way Indianapolis does it is to only pick a few times during the week to complete the stack of whatever they have. There's probably too many that trickle in throughout any given work day to have to stop whatever else is going on to sign a few papers and then have 'em back out the door.

It makes organizational sense to say "Ok, Wednesdays from 1-4pm is gun-related paperwork signing time."...something like that.

-J-

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    That is what I love about a small town...if the Chief was in he would sign while I waited, if not it would be ready the next morning.

I think that after 2 weeks a polite phone call might be in order.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I dropped mine off yesterday. They indicated that it would just be a couple of days. I included a self-addressed stamped envelope for them to mail the forms back to me, because getting down-town is a bit of a PITA since I work during the day. Hopefully I'll get them back soon!

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I stopped by Tuesday afternoon, right before they stop fingerprinting (4:00pm) and mine was in today's mail. It's going out tomorrow, then the big wait begins!

Doug K

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Ug it's always me..:rolleyes:

I called to check on it today since its been 10 days and after trying to find the correct number, and the correct person. I got the lady with the know how. She said she went through them on Monday and noticed he missed one. I guess having 6 pages the guy must have gotten tired of writting and is on vacation the rest of this week up till easter. So hopefully Monday or Tuesday.. Always me. :D

I've been waiting for a couple of weeks now... I thought I might give a call in to make sure everything is still good (and moving along).

What is the number to call, who do I need to talk to?

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I've been waiting for a couple of weeks now... I thought I might give a call in to make sure everything is still good (and moving along).

What is the number to call, who do I need to talk to?

I can't say there isn't a better number but this worked for me.

327-4551 and ask for Sandy. I gave her my name and informed her I was following up on some NFA paperwork that was needing signed. She seemed to know what I was talking about from there.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Thanks again, mjrducky! (I'm pretty sure this IS the best number to call)

I called on Tuesday afternoon, but just missed her. I left a message and she returned my call today. My paper was just completed today apparently, so, since I had the opportunity, I ran down to pick it up.

I was a bit rushed to get back into work, so I didn't put together my package to send off for the big wait... I'll do that after work.

Note: I asked how long these typically take, and she indicated that it is usually just a week or so... I'm glad I called.

Top Bottom