• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just doing a little research this evening, and I'm wondering if I'm on the right thought process here regarding our state legislators that have fled the state:

Indiana Code 5-8-1

IC 5-8
    ARTICLE 8. OFFICERS' IMPEACHMENT, REMOVAL, RESIGNATION, AND DISQUALIFICATION

IC 5-8-1-35
    Verification of accusation; citing party; hearing; judgment
    Sec. 35. (a) When an accusation in writing, verified by the oath of any person, is presented to a circuit court, alleging that any officer within the jurisdiction of the court has been guilty of:
    (1) charging and collecting illegal fees for services rendered or to be rendered in his office;
    (2) refusing or neglecting to perform the official duties pertaining to his office; or

IC 5-8-1-15
    Temporary suspension during pendency of proceedings; filling vacancies
    Sec. 15. Whenever articles of impeachment against any officer subject to impeachment are presented to the senate, such officer is temporarily suspended from office and cannot act in the officer's official capacity until the officer is acquitted. Upon such suspension of any officer other than the governor, the office must, at once, be temporarily filled by an appointment made by the governor, with the advice and consent of the senate, until the acquittal of the party impeached, or, in case of removal, until the vacancy is filled as required by law.

Also see Article 6, Section 7

Section 7. All State officers shall, for crime, incapacity, or negligence, be liable to be removed from office, either by impeachment by the House of Representatives, to be tried by the Senate, or by a joint resolution of the General Assembly; two-thirds of the members elected to each branch voting, in either case, therefor.

Last edited:

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    so how do we get this ball rolling?

See link in original thread

IC 5-8-1-2
    Method of impeachment
    Sec. 2. All impeachments must be by resolution, adopted, originated in and conducted by managers elected by the house of representatives, who must prepare articles of impeachment, present them at the bar of the senate and prosecute the same, and the trial must be had before the senate sitting as a court of impeachment.

Basically, locate your state reps and start making phone calls and sending emails. Unlike the federal representation, I've had much success utilizing electronic communication with our state representatives and senators.

* Here's a link to locate your state reps and senators
    IGA District Lookup Service

Last edited:

vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    I was under the impression that they are still performing their duties, just not from the state house? Is there anything stating that they have to perform their duties from any particular location?

vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    They need time to review and write amendments (over 100) to the budget and voucher bills. That takes time. If they were here they wouldn't be able to write the amendments because they would be forced into a vote.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They need time to review and write amendments (over 100) to the budget and voucher bills. That takes time. If they were here they wouldn't be able to write the amendments because they would be forced into a vote.

Oh, I get it. Like, you could tell your boss, "If I come to work, I'll be too busy working to PLAN how I'm going to get my work done, so I won't get any work done because I have to plan it before I do it."

I'm sure that logic works on your job.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The Democrats currently residing in Illinois say they're working to reach a compromise with Republicans.

"We're here to be together to work on issues so we can get back to Indianapolis and hit the ground running when we're there," said Rep. Mary Ann Sullivan (D-Indianapolis).

This doesn't sound anything like amendments. They're trying to barter back room deals without having open discussion and debate on the floor, and on record. It's how the Dem's operate. Must we rehash every federal manuver my the Dem's since 2008? Moreover, they're just playing follow the leader. Very original idea to just take the ball and go home when the game's not going your way.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Rather than impeachment I think recall elections should be very easy to get running. Having a legislator living under the constant threat of replacement keeps them on a short chain.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    *UPDATE*

Last night I emailed both my state rep and state senator's office.

This afternoon I received a phone call at the direct request of my state rep to discuss my email, Indiana Code, and the potential for action by the Republicans. In addition, I was informed that the Democrats have already stated that they have no plans to return to Indiana this week.

But, as some have stated, the best plan is obviously to sit on your hands, don't say a word, continue with the defeatist attitude, and everything will just take care of itself. :rolleyes:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    In the Senate, you just need all the Republicans to vote for impeachment, and you need to get six Democrats to cross over.

It may feel good to take an action, but you should evaluate whether that action has any possibility of having the effect you want.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I wish it was easier to voice your opinon to these people. I hate being the dog on a leash getting pulled whichever way they want us to go. I feel like this country has turned into some form of cattle farm and were the cattle. We fight for our rights and put our lives on the line to do what they want. I cant take this crap anymore. I want to see a hard working, honest and trustworthy guy in office, but it wont happen cause money is what gets you there and if you dont have it you wont win. We need to get these fools out of office and take back our state and country for that matter.

Top Bottom