• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    ****IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT****

Due to the unprecedented sales this month we have hired several new salespeople. These additional folks will be in training for the next couple weeks.

Due to this, WE WILL BE POSTPONING THE NEW HOURS SCHEDULE CHANGE UNTIL FEBRUARY 1, 2013 to give time for the new hires to be trained.

Additionally we will be CLOSING JANUARY 14, 2013 AND WILL NOT REOPEN UNTIL JANUARY 21, 2013. This will allow us to complete all needed end of the year tax paperwork, complete our end of the year inventory and fix several range target systems that were installed slightly incorrectly.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but in the long run it is the best thing for both the shop/range and our customers.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I like some of the others voiced my concerns over the near constant closings on the stores Facebook page so I will save you another book. I will just say that my frustrations of finding time to come shoot then finding out you all are closing for one reason of the other are to the point that I am seriously considering never trying out the range or wasting my time trying to stop by to shop.....

People can post saying they understand but I know I am by far not the only one frustrated to the point of saying no thanks.

Hopefully you all take the constructive criticism with open ears and the same for the face book posts on the same topic of this thread.

Brushscrubber

Plinker
    Mar 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well crap. Drive by daily to and from work. Was looking forward to start using the range this week since your extended hours would work with my schedule, but I guess now I will be heading off to somewhere else. Sorry guys, maybe once you get stuff in order and stick to a constant schedule I will come back.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I like some of the others voiced my concerns over the near constant closings on the stores Facebook page so I will save you another book. I will just say that my frustrations of finding time to come shoot then finding out you all are closing for one reason of the other are to the point that I am seriously considering never trying out the range or wasting my time trying to stop by to shop.....

People can post saying they understand but I know I am by far not the only one frustrated to the point of saying no thanks.

Hopefully you all take the constructive criticism with open ears and the same for the face book posts on the same topic of this thread.

I'm sure they're not happy with things not going as planned, even though monster sales help ease the pain.

I highly suggest you still visit the range, it is spectacular for an indoor range (really any range). Just wait until 2/1/13 if you need to.

Rocket

Expert
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    These are interesting times. Growing Pains suck. BUT I took my Wife and Sister-in-law shooting there last Friday. It was the first time either of them had fired a gun. The range was very nice. I figured we would have to wait. We did not. Staff was very help full. I would say it was an excellent place to introduce my wife and her sister to shooting. The only complaint they had was how loud the guy shooting the .223 next to us was. One of my major likes was that so long as you left the steel core or AP ammo at home, the rest was ok. I used to teach Boy Scouts to shoot so I am no stranger to noobies. I just morphed into instructor mode and kept repeating things like "Finger off the trigger" LOL. We will be back.

Integraholic

Master
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Current business hours will remain until Feb 1st. Monday through Friday 10 to 6 pm, Saturday 9 to 3 pm. Closed sunday. BGF will be closed tomorrow for inventory and additionally, the week that Corey posted at the top.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm sure they're not happy with things not going as planned, even though monster sales help ease the pain.

I highly suggest you still visit the range, it is spectacular for an indoor range (really any range). Just wait until 2/1/13 if you need to.

Who's to say then that things will stabilize?

I have always felt that it is a bad idea for a business to take issues they are having out on the customer. Stay open to have the cash flow and happy customers and pay a little OT to do administrative stuff after hours or on the job training during normal hours ect... I'd bet the extra cash flow would pay a chunk of the extra pay. Or just find ways to get things done and stay open. Greg can run it the way that he deems fit and that's great, just voicing my opinion that decisions are being made that are driving customers away... Me being one of them.... A paying customer who's EDC is a BGF pistol.

As a positive though giving people notice this time is a lot better then when people found out the day of around Christmas.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Are you saying BGF&R can't get their stuff straight because their distributors or suppliers they use do not have any stock?

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I talked to Michelle about the upcoming closing yesterday and she said it was totally unavoidable and would cost them a lot of needed income, so it is not their choice. I asked her if they could at least still operate the range during this period and she said she wished they could because they will be losing much needed income from that also.
    As for the dwindling stock, it's the same all over, all dealers are being effected by this panic buying thanks to our Communist leader. Even targets are becoming scarce so you might want to print some of your own and bring them with you for a while, their available online, just do a search for "free printable targets" and print out the ones you like. There are dozens and dozens of different ones available.
    I understand the frustration because I have felt it too but that's life in the big city.
    P.S. She also said they would be shutting down the air circulating system during this time because it was very costly to run.
    Next time vote Libertarian, the Republicans don't deserve our votes anymore.

cesteb

Plinker
    Jan 11, 2013
    indianapolis -southside
    By getting there stuff straight i mean there hours. i showed up there the other day with three other guys ready to shoot for a while and we were rushed through. we were only able to shoot for 30 minutes. if i had known they werent going to be open late i wouldnt of wasted my time.

cesteb

Plinker
    Jan 11, 2013
    indianapolis -southside
    By getting there stuff straight i mean there hours. i showed up there the other day with three other guys ready to shoot for a while and we were rushed through. we were only able to shoot for 30 minutes. if i had known they werent going to be open late i wouldnt of wasted my time. as far as inventory i know its not there fault

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    By getting there stuff straight i mean there hours. i showed up there the other day with three other guys ready to shoot for a while and we were rushed through. we were only able to shoot for 30 minutes. if i had known they werent going to be open late i wouldnt of wasted my time.

You mean you were one of the last one's for the day and only had a half hour left to shoot before closing? That is a bummer, but, come Feb. 1st. the new, much longer hours go into effect so that should ease the pain some.
    Some days they could use a fifty lane range and still have a waiting line but it will settle down before long. There are a lot of people wanting to see and use it right now and it is nice.

Don't get discouraged, their constantly looking for ways to improve it and make it better.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy

Don't get discouraged, their constantly looking for ways to improve it and make it better.

^^^This

Top Bottom