• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I live in that general area of town. I've shot there about 6 times since it opened and purchased a mix of accessories. Nice range. Nice shop. Nice guys.

On the topic of ammo though... I went to use the rifle range recently and was required to buy in-store ammo (7.62x39). I very much get the need to protect the range after the Beech Grove burning, but $15 for a box of 40 Tula? Tula.

No way to do ammo inspection and approval? (Realizing it takes time to do and still a chance something slips through.)

Otherwise, keep up the great shop!

Markus

Sharpshooter
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Have gone there since they first opened. Guy who owns the place is top notch and very smart. Best indoor place in our area IMHO.

Luckyoldguy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2017
    NE Indianapolis
    I have been there a few times. Each time the people have been great and spent a lot of time with me without applying any pressure. Would be great if they could come up with some kind of competition to help pass the winter months.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Indy Arms was my first purchase in an actual gun store (my SR22 came from MC Sports). The fiancé and I have been there half a dozen times since November, of which 3 times we have made purchases. The first trip in November was for her rifle and the staff was fantastic. They walked her through the options in .22 and .17 and made sure she was comfortable with the 10/22 she picked. I ended up getting a Mossberg 510 in that same trip. When she decided she wanted her own handgun the staff was fantastic over the multiple visits as she tried most of the 9mm options in the store. They were patient and walked her through the different features and styles.

I can't express how wonderful the staff has been with us. The range is pleasant as well, but I have limited exposure to different ranges to compare it.

Top Bottom