• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ladies, the Indiana Chapter of the 1MillionMoms4GunControl is organizing a march this Saturday from the War Memorial Building to the Capitol Building in downtown Indianapolis.

I am going to be there. Who will join me?

EDIT: upon reading that, I want to make it clear I will be there in OPPOSITION to their cause. Not supporting it. :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Put the word out.

Right now their Indiana FB page has 7 committed and 9 maybes. (334 invited). If we can't match that we need to hand over the firearms now.

I know it's short notice. I know it's not convenient. But if not now, when?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    What time are you thinking? Meeting at the Capitol and waiting for them to show?

It would be great to "scoop" them on their meeting place.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What time are you thinking? Meeting at the Capitol and waiting for them to show?

It would be great to "scoop" them on their meeting place.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Just don't know their route or what side of the State House they'll end up at (am I correct in assuming State House is what they mean by Capitol Building?). I avoid downtown like the plague normally, but I do know the War Memorial is a stair-step route to the State House. A parallel march would be hard enough on a straight shot route. But they have a half a dozen options at every intersection to "lose" us.

Just a peaceful gathering that happens to be there first. :cool:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What time is this happening? I may be heading to Indy Saturday.

I was thinking we'd starting meeting at 10am.

Unless someone has some other ideas. If we use 10-10:30 to allow for arrivals that should still allow us to be there before the march arrives. I just wish I knew which side they were going to.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I was thinking we'd starting meeting at 10am.

Unless someone has some other ideas. If we use 10-10:30 to allow for arrivals that should still allow us to be there before the march arrives. I just wish I knew which side they were going to.
    Thanks. I doubt I will be in town before 1 or 2 at the earliest.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    My Mum will be here, or else I'd go.

It does remind me of the last time these idiots were rallying heavily back in 2000-ish when Rosie was their primary activist.

My Dad, brother, and I were all out at the Indiana Gun Club when that awful orange haired reporter from Fox News showed up there. It was cold and rainy, so we were the only ones out there. Of course, me being about 14 and a girl, she decided to interview me. The entire time, she's trying to coerce me into telling her on camera that we aren't safe people and that we sling our guns around there loaded and don't wear eye/ear protection.

She got frustrated after she couldn't get the response she wanted out of me. Meanwhile, my Dad and brother are sitting behind her giving me thumbs up and telling me I was doing a good job.

We packed up the car and left her there.

I wish I still had that segment recorded as it was when I was still shooting my Dad's Remington 1100 that he had used for 40 years, and the recoil springs were shot in it. You could see in the video that every time I would go to shoot, I would brace myself for the horrendous recoil that left me with some nasty bruises. LOL

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There's a FB post here suggesting meeting at 9am. (Honestly, I don't know why. The other group doesn't get started until 10 and they still have to walk 5 blocks just to get to the State House. I don't see the point of standing in the cold for an hour.) I won't be there at 9.

South side of State House.

Top Bottom