• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I didn't have these saved on my phone so needed to post them from the laptop. This is what our neighbor's "shooting range" looked like. Note the tree blown out behind the center target and the numerous holes in the targets that extended beyond the trunk of the tree. These trees are about 50 feet in front of the property line.

View attachment 285884
    View attachment 285885

The forester estimated at least two acres of our property had many trees with bullets in them in all directions. The targets were set for them to be shooting toward the west but there were trees affected to the northeast and all the way around to the west so they were firing into our woods in all directions. They were dumb enough to post photos of the event on FB where I was able to access their pictures as well so his visiting friend was also charged. As a result of this incident, the judge gave them probation and banned any shooting on the property as long as they live there. Both of them also lost their LTCH...the DNR did that as a result of the criminal recklessness charges. Apparently, being an idiot has consequences. We did not pursue a civil suit to recover damages as our main goal was to get the unsafe shooting to stop. Obviously, talking to them wasn't going to make that happen due to our many discussions with them and the subsequent talks from the Sheriff and DNR officers.

View attachment 285886
    My range hits a hill behind it. And my range is at a downward angle so if any/all bullets that pass through will hit the bottom of the hill.

It doesn't cost much to get railroad ties and a big load if dirt to make a nice backstop. Why don't people do that who live in a flat area?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My range hits a hill behind it. And my range is at a downward angle so if any/all bullets that pass through will hit the bottom of the hill.

It doesn't cost much to get railroad ties and a big load if dirt to make a nice backstop. Why don't people do that who live in a flat area?
    Common sense ain't so common!

Top Bottom