Improper display of the American flag ... what would you do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    "When flown with the national banner of other countries, each flag must be displayed from a separate pole of the same height. Each flag should be the same size. They should be raised and lowered simultaneously. The flag of one nation may not be displayed above that of another nation."

Curious where this comes from? I assume it is not U.S. code.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have great respect for the French people. They, unlike many others, have not forgotten the sacrifices made on their behalf.

I have not had the honor and pleasure of visiting the Normandy battlefields, memorials and cemeteries but from what I have seen it is clear that they were very respectfully constructed and are very well cared for. For this I am very grateful.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    "When flown with the national banner of other countries, each flag must be displayed from a separate pole of the same height. Each flag should be the same size. They should be raised and lowered simultaneously. The flag of one nation may not be displayed above that of another nation."

Curious where this comes from? I assume it is not U.S. code.

It's from a webstite talking about the proper display of the US flag.

The US flag code says the same thing:

[FONT=&amp]When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace.[/FONT]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have great respect for the French people. They, unlike many others, have not forgotten the sacrifices made on their behalf.

I have not had the honor and pleasure of visiting the Normandy battlefields, memorials and cemeteries but from what I have seen it is clear that they were very respectfully constructed and are very well cared for. For this I am very grateful.

Agreed... but it got continuous during the De Gaulle years, and most recently a minor hiccup during the start of the Second Gulf War. France is a pretty awesome place. I'm waiting on Sylvian to give me an invite so I can go see Normandy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The only time something like this annoys me is when it is done out of blatant disrespect; like the jackwagons in the Peoples Republic of California that were flying the mexican flag over the US flag to make a statement.

But in this case I'm fine with it. All flown respectfully and without any apparent malice.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The only time something like this annoys me is when it is done out of blatant disrespect; like the jackwagons in the Peoples Republic of California that were flying the mexican flag over the US flag to make a statement.

But in this case I'm fine with it. All flown respectfully and without any apparent malice.

I remember that case.
    A veteran stole the US flag in that restaurant.
    I'm not sure there was any malice behind them flying the Mexican Flag above the US flag.
    That vet could have talked to the owner instead of stealing their property.
    Some people are just not aware of all the rules when it comes to flag display.

A blatant disrespect would be walking on the flag or burning it during a protest.
    Maybe flying it upside down on purpose.

Some people disrespect the flag without even noticing it ...

Like this guy. :ugh:

Apparently a great patriot, wearing a t-shirt that reads "I stand for the national anthem", who's using the flag as a blanket.

111.jpg

Maybe the front of the shirt reads "I sit on the flag".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Agreed... but it got continuous during the De Gaulle years, and most recently a minor hiccup during the start of the Second Gulf War. France is a pretty awesome place. I'm waiting on Sylvian to give me an invite so I can go see Normandy.

An INGO meet & eat.
    With tours.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In this country I'd mention it to the owners and not do business there if they didn't care or did it intentionally. There I'd order a bottle of wine and ask for the menu.

Top Bottom