• ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I just took a 2 day class with Dave Spaulding of Handgun Combatives and used the Ameriglo CAP sights on my Glock. Really enjoyed them. They are big sights but still provided plenty of accuracy out to 25 yards.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've become a fan of the Ameriglo Spartan Operators. They are on my G23 and one of my G30s. I'm considering pulling the factory Glock night sights of the other G30 and putting them there too. My vision sucks now days, so that big, bright orange dot helps me a lot.

One other suggestion is to practice point shooting. If you are having trouble seeing the sights, you might want to practice just not looking for them. An aide to this is a LaserLyte training cartridge. For less than $80, you can dry fire and get real point shooting practice all day long. If you stick with one main type of pistol to point shoot with, you'll be surprised at how accurate you can become without looking at the sights at all. To be honest, a lot of folks will be focused on the threat should they have a bad day and being practiced at that type of shooting is not a bad skill to have.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've become a fan of the Ameriglo Spartan Operators. They are on my G23 and one of my G30s. I'm considering pulling the factory Glock night sights of the other G30 and putting them there too. My vision sucks now days, so that big, bright orange dot helps me a lot.

Same here. I either go with those or the Trijicon's depending on availability at the time. The orange dot really pops in good light while the tritium dots WITHOUT the white outline on the rears disappear in the same conditions for a blacked out rear. In low light, the orange dot disappears and the tritium is good and visible on both front and back.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    +1 on point shooting.
    Only you know how your eyes are working.
    As your eyes change you'll probably need to change sights.
    +1 on point shooting (did I mention that?)
    Use your pistol to fight your way back to your rifle/shotgun.(somebody important said that)

gregstiff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    The best sights I've found for my Glocks and old eyes are the Wilson Vickers Elite Battlesights. U notch in the rear with front tritium. I've never had much use for anything other than tritium front in my carry guns. They are well made and a work of art in my opinion.

jt1975

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Whiteland
    I have had good luck with factory glock 3 dot nights and ameriglo's. Have a couple with Trijicons and work well, but Ameriglo's are the best bang for the buck, IMO

lonegun3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    I've had good luck with Ameriglos. The bright orange front and black in the rear. I have this setup on all my Glocks. Not as pricey as Trijicons either.

Top Bottom