• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I suggest you spend the accessory money on ammo and range time. After you have shot a thousand rounds through your pistol then revaluate your needs to do custom work. If you still think your 1911 needs work, then I would look into lighter/heavier springs and trigger work to enhance your 1911. Good luck.

Best advice in the whole thread.

BK6

kalrez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    NW Indianapolis, IN
    In my Springfield 1911-A1 I installed a longer skeletonized trigger, lighter recoil spring, Bullet-Proof sear spring and a tuned extractor. Wilson Combat parts. Greatly improved function and reliability. None of these mods were difficult (but they were not super-easy either) and all are reversible to original components. Just make sure you have a good set of instructions on complete disassembly/reassembly, and the proper tools and punches. The 1911 is a fun gun for mods. Lots of aftermarket parts out there and plenty of instructions on the Web.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If you don't want to fiddle with it yourself, don't overlook the Springfield custom shop. They do great work. You have a great platform. Before you trade it for something else, realize for the same money or less you can turn it into what you want.

My Mil-spec went back to Springfield after 500 rounds due to an insane trigger pull, failure to feed, and accuracy problems. I got back a reliable, tack driver, with a crisp trigger and a few mods that made the pistol comfortable for me (e.g. long trigger, flat mainspring housing). I still spent less money than I would have paid if I traded it on a higher end 1911.

Top Bottom