• ...and so much more!
  • loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    The top gun is my cc. The one on the bottom was an impulse buy this morning. They are basically the same gun just different models.but at the same time they are so different from each other. The new one is a little heavier and the trigger reset is a lot smaller. Going to take a lot of getting use to. Does anyone know about how to adjust triggers? 20231208_165452.jpg

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I've already ran 24 rounds thru it. No malfunctions! I really like it, but the trigger is going to take some getting used to if I can't adjust it. It resets just barely off the fire. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. but not what I am use to.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've already ran 24 rounds thru it. No malfunctions! I really like it, but the trigger is going to take some getting used to if I can't adjust it. It resets just barely off the fire. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. but not what I am use to.
    You'll get use to it. Just shoot it more. Dry fire it also.

Reverin0ats27

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 17, 2021
    South Bend, Indiana
    You'll get use to it. Just shoot it more. Dry fire it also.
    The doublestrike ability it had is pretty dope for dry fire practice, although it should be noted the trigger pull feels a little different on the doublestrike then if you were to rack it back and manually reset the trigger.

on the doublestrick its pretty 'mushy' vs racking and resetting there is a lot of space before a wall where you can pull the trigger crisply

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The doublestrike ability it had is pretty dope for dry fire practice, although it should be noted the trigger pull feels a little different on the doublestrike then if you were to rack it back and manually reset the trigger.

on the doublestrick its pretty 'mushy' vs racking and resetting there is a lot of space before a wall where you can pull the trigger crisply
    You only have to move the slide about 1/4" to reset the trigger.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Hell yeah man, Taurus Rules!!!. I got the G2c for carry and G3 for the house and I have had 0 complaints.
    I really like their guns. I have passed on a few that I have looked at. They do have their junk, But with the good ones, you get more bang for your buck, pun intended. lol

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have fired factory ammo thru it. just checked my reloads for the pt111. and they are up against the lands. So similar yet so different. Only concern I really have is going back and forth between the pt111 and the g3c. lol
    Once you get used to the G3 trigger you'll probably never shoot the PT again or not as much.

My G3x has a tighter chamber than my CZ P10F.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana

I noticed that!!!!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

That's called DA/SA. Mostly found on hammer guns. Taurus preloads the SA so the pull weight is similar to the DA (The age old complaint about DA/SA is the pull weights differ). The G2 has more of a difference than the G3 which has more difference than the G4.

And yea, if you want adjustability, get a different gun. Tauruses are cheap, cheap means you don't get certain features (like adjustability). For that matter, most guns don't have adjustable triggers without aftermarket parts.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Just bought a G2c today, had my eye on something else, but the G2c kept calling my name, now to the range....
    I have a TH9c on the way. First step is to run a case of ammo thru it... I got started with Taurus revolvers last year with a 856. Tried to find a SW Night Guard but they are like hens teeth. The 856 fills the space quite well.

Top Bottom