• ...and so much more!
  • snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Impulse purchase (now with pics)

I was browsing around looking for my next gun, and saw that Wittakers had a (2) Range Officers used and it sparked my interest. I have been looking at buying a 1911 and this stuck out.

I went down there today and bought the only one he had left. It is one of the first 500 which really makes no difference except it comes with an extra mag. It is in perfect shape no wear and no signs of being used except a few small scratches around where the idiot mark would be.

I paid a little more than I probably should have for a used gun 700 after my FFL fee but no tax so it is not too bad. Now the hard part comes waiting until Sunday to pick it up.

That makes 3 pistols in 2 months, a GSG, a XDm 9 and this. I think I am done for a bit until my anniversary when I get to buy my wife a Buckmark.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    See, this is the problem with more and more members in SW Indiana. I saw those listed on line and thought about heading down in the next day or two. Well, thank's for saving me the gas, I guess.;)

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I paid a little more than I probably should have for a used gun 700 after my FFL fee but no tax so it is not too bad. Now the hard part comes waiting until Sunday to pick it up.

Maybe a silly question but why did you have to wait to pick it up...you are in Indiana right? Also...what is an FFL fee? You bought it locally...didn't have to have it shipped in right?

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Maybe a silly question but why did you have to wait to pick it up...you are in Indiana right? Also...what is an FFL fee? You bought it locally...didn't have to have it shipped in right?

Wittaker's is actually in KY, a local FFL makes a trip there every Sat. we can then pick up guns from him.

And Snorko your welcome

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Grats on the purchase! I've looked at one and I think it would make a great companion to my Springfield Loaded in stainless. And for those that have never been to Whittaker's you don't know what you are missing! Make a trip, get you some Moonlight BBQ and then go look at some guns!

With all the Southern Indiana members showing up (about time) we need to have a meet and greet around here sometime. IDPA match at Red Brush this Saturday July 2nd would be a good start !!!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was browsing around looking for my next gun, and saw that Wittakers had a (2) Range Officers used and it sparked my interest. I have been looking at buying a 1911 and this stuck out.

I went down there today and bought the only one he had left. It is one of the first 500 which really makes no difference except it comes with an extra mag. It is in perfect shape no wear and no signs of being used except a few small scratches around where the idiot mark would be.

That makes 3 pistols in 2 months, a GSG, a XDm 9 and this. I think I am done for a bit until my anniversary when I get to buy my wife a Buckmark.

I think I am done for a bit

Not, "I am" but "I think I am". Left that one wide open dinja?

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I am now sitting here, waiting for my FFL to call me so I can go pick it up. Can someone call him and tell him to open already!

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    A great way to celebrate the birth of this great nation, and 100 years of one of the guns that has kept it free

RO3.jpg

ro2.jpg

RO1.jpg

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Lucky! I really wanted to get a 1911 for this very occasion but I procrastinated. Now it's the 4th and I'm sitting here wondering if any LGS are even open today...

Top Bottom