• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    Does anyone use or keep any none lethal weapons or ammo at hand. I keep mace in my car and around the house. It started out because the wife will not use the gun. But I think it is a good idea because if someone p*sses me off and lethal force is not needed I don't have to hesitate to mace.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    There's always the buttstock to the face method or the pistol whip option. If you're not a fan of that, mace is a good second choice. So is the 12" long metal pipe under my seat in my truck.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You can kill with some lethal round's or cause serious injury if you are to close......... shooting someone with a non leathal just because they pissed you off will get your thrown in jail...

There is uses for non lethal rounds but for home defence there is no use for it if you ask me.

Chances are with a non leathal you will just slow them down some or really **** them off.

For mace it does not affect everyone...... some people you will spray and they will laugh it off.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Just because someone ticks you off does not mean you can mace them or use other non/less lethal devices. Even if they deserve it, you still should not put the stick to them.:): So, if I am in a situation where I am in need of a weapon it will probably be life or death. In that situation I want the best tool for the job. That will probably not be mace.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    Just because someone ticks you off does not mean you can mace them or use other non/less lethal devices. Even if they deserve it, you still should not put the stick to them.:): So, if I am in a situation where I am in need of a weapon it will probably be life or death. In that situation I want the best tool for the job. That will probably not be mace.

I'd have to agree with you, someone who ticks me off (even if they really deserve to be maced or hit with something for any number of reasons) isn't worth going to jail over. So as VERT said, if I'm in some kind of life/death situation, I'm not going to mace someone. Btw, the buttstock to the face and pistol whip idea I made earlier was a joke, if I ever need to do that, it will be because I'm out of ammo and there are multiple threats or I'm just screwed and it would be a last resort.

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    Let me clarify, I would never mace someone if they just pissed me off. In the past I had had someone who was not to happy with me and decided to start keying my car. I would not draw down on them with a gun in that situation. I did engage in a battle of hist to cuffs. No one got hurt, well not badly. In the future I would not be sure if I could use mace on them. Any ideas.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I can see it now.........

"Hello sir! We are Jehovah Witnesses, do you know where you are going when you die?" ....."What's that?"..... " AGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Make it stop make it stop.....it's burning my face off!!".........:laugh:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Let me clarify, I would never mace someone if they just pissed me off. In the past I had had someone who was not to happy with me and decided to start keying my car. I would not draw down on them with a gun in that situation. I did engage in a battle of hist to cuffs. No one got hurt, well not badly. In the future I would not be sure if I could use mace on them. Any ideas.

Your a guy...... don't use mace:)

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dont leave home without it.
    MaceBall.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Only time I ever got into it with a guy over a car was many years ago. long story short I went to the trunk, lit a road flare and tossed it under the fuel tank of lowered Nissan. Figured he could either move the car or kick my butt. So, I guess non lethal items do have utility in hostile situation.

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    Only time I ever got into it with a guy over a car was many years ago. long story short I went to the trunk, lit a road flare and tossed it under the fuel tank of lowered Nissan. Figured he could either move the car or kick my butt. So, I guess non lethal items do have utility in hostile situation.

That is awesome, quick thinking:+1:

Top Bottom