• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    GOP House, Senate majorities feeling super : Elections

So with this in mind what are they (GPO) going to do for us (Pro 2A)?

Are we finally going to get LTCH's OK in school?
    Or LTCH exempt from no gun zones?
    Or how about constitutional carry?
    SBS gonna be ok?
    auto knives OK?

Is INGO or any other group looking into pushing legislation that we want?
    Now is the time!!!!!

Last edited:

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    How about shuriken and Nunchucks those are both a class d felony to possess and I use them in martial arts class. I have a licence to carry a handgun but, it is illegal for me to own a pair of sticks attached by a string?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    IC 35-47-5-12 "Chinese throwing star" defined; related offenses Sec. 12. (a) A person who: (1) manufactures; (2) causes to be manufactured; (3) imports into Indiana; (4) keeps for sale; (5) offers or exposes for sale; or (6) gives, lends, or possesses; a Chinese throwing star commits a Class C misdemeanor. (b) As used in this section, "Chinese throwing star" means a throwing-knife, throwing-iron, or other knife-like weapon with blades set at different angles.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm generally for less govment overall... Less regulation, less taxes, less restrictions on all fronts...

SBS
    Hunting with suppressors
    Life Time Hunting licenses
    Life time fishing licenses
    In State new machinegun production

We are a free society aren't we... well were not acting like one...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Oh, further more...

The full auto guys pay taxes too and I don't understand why our state ranges restrict full auto fire on them...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    If that is what we work on I'm moving to Kentucky.

Chinese throwing stars aren't worth our legislators time.

Not that I care either way, I was just citing the IC that came close to the shuriken remark. But, it must have been worth some time to become an IC.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GPO? Grand Party of Olde?

Remove all bans on bladed weapons, Chinese throwing stars, switch blades, etc.; Remove IC 35-47-2-24, putting the burden of proof on the State and returning the presumption of innocence to all firearms carriers; Exempt open carry of handguns from regulation under IC 35-47-2; Vastly narrow the definition of "school property" for purposes of firearms regulation; Vastly narrow the definition of "school function" and its applicability to otherwise public venues for purposes of firearms regulation; Eliminate all property and income taxes in favour of a pure consumption/sales tax, a la the Fair Tax.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    All good CIB now who is our pointperson in the house and/or senate to get this done? Anyone know?
    I'm in NWI the mecca of democrat corruption which are anti-2a so my reps are worthless for this so who then?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What rep/senator do we need to start talking to get these things done?

BoR any idea?

Quite a few come to mind. Sens. Tomes and Nugent are always good, pro-2A men, even if the former is not pro-OC, none can deny his being a 2A advocate.
    I wonder, though, if we should not be focusing our efforts on the less pro-2A people; After all, if Sen. Tomes or any of the others in our camp introduce good legislation, it will not be the pro-2A reps and/or senators that destroy it, it will be those who are anti, certainly, but more so, it will be the fence-sitters, the elected reps who don't know better or more so, have been deceived and/or who may be swayed.

Case in point: In 2008, Sen. Nugent introduced a GREAT bill. It would have decimated the state- and lower-level infringements and instituted an ironclad preemption, up to and including schools. Sen. David Long, the Republican President of the State Senate, spoke against it, saying, IIRC, 'We don't want schoolkids carrying guns to school!' or something to that effect (that's a paraphrase, not a quote, BTW) Now, we (most of us) recognize that as a knee-jerk reaction, and yes, it's an emotional one. The image of guns in a school setting has been cemented in our societal subconscious as a bad one, thanks to Columbine and other similar tragedies' portrayal on the "news". Let's examine that for the briefest of moments, though: That "schoolkid" with a LTCH has passed a state level background check; the bad apple who will bring a gun to school to cause mayhem won't have a LTCH because he won't care if he's breaking the law... he's about to kill someone or several someones. What the law does, as we know, is ensure no one will be able to resist him with equal force.
    Sen. Merritt is pushing to ban (or at least restrict) Tannerite, or so the report I saw said (I've not seen his bill yet.) Those of us who've played with Tannerite know it to be fun and harmless when used as directed. The bill he's written probably focuses not on punishing the knuckleheads who misuse it or on educating people so they can make good decisions, instead it focuses on the fast, easy "solution" of banning the object that is misused. The same theory, applied to other things misused would not lead us to a good place; a child riding a bicycle with his friend on the handlebars would ban bicycles in a whole town, if the friend got hurt. Many other reductio al absurdum examples come to mind as well; feel free to make up your own, though they need not be posted here. I applaud the Senator's intent, however his execution of it is faulty (at best.)

Let's focus on educating our legislators throughout the year, not just in the lead-up to the session. If you know one, offer to take him/her to the range, pay for her/him to take a class (or get a waiver of fee for legislators from an instructor you like.) Bottom line, we can't expect them to read all of our emailed attempts to do so, we need to spread this out over the year and slowly bring them up to speed so that in the session, they remember... "Oh yeah! I played with that suppressor that time, that was a lot of fun! I don't want to make those harder to obtain, I want to make them easier!"

Also, let's not forget that some of our state legislators may well be members here and reading everything we post on certain subjects. Some may have chosen not to identify themselves and if so, I respect that decision. I can't blame them, after all. INGO is a fun place to come and still learn stuff, not a place to come to be berated with complaint after complaint.

Jedi, I know this didn't exactly answer your question. It's my hope that the answer I gave is better. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I personally would like to see this state thumb it's nose at the feds and declare that there are no gun prohibitions in the free state of Indiana

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BOR the little inpatient boy in me is **NOT** happy with that answer since he did spent time this year spreading the word and helping make sure some elected officals got in or stayed in. So that little boy feels like it's time to collect (ie. Give me a law/undo a law since I helped).

The older jedi in me does see that you longer term approach does have merit even if it is the harder way of doing things especially up here in nwi, the land of Ds.

I need to think about this somemore because the little kid is making a hissy fit in the corner right now. He wants his "candy' and he wants it now and 'uncle bor' is saying no candy now. Lol

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I know for a fact that there will be some legislators in the House that will be working very hard to straighten out/reinforce some of our gun rights in the near future. Bill of Rights is correct when he states that it's the anti-gun/uneducated/uninformed legislators that need leaned on, but in a tactful manner. Please keep in mind that there are powerful forces that are just as much against guns as we are for and they will use the most heinous, effective means available (school shootings, OK Corral episodes, gangbangers, etc.) to reinforce their views. We have to educate them and direct letters to them and involvement through local groups goes a long way!

Top Bottom