In IL, even Cops can't be trusted with guns according to the Anti's.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    IL really outdoes itself some times:

Ill. town criticized for giving officers their old guns

NORTHBROOK, Ill. — Where do old guns go when retired from police duty?

Some are melted down or used for training. One department dumped them ceremoniously into the ocean, but many return them to gun dealers who resell them to the public.

So Northbrook officials thought it was a better idea to give the village's 70 police officers their old Beretta semi-automatics for personal use after replacing them with a newer model.

Instead, officials have been surprised by a firestorm of controversy.

"There is some strange notion that handguns are safer in the hands of police officers than anyone," said Northbrook activist Lee Goodman, noting the high stress levels associated with the job. "The question becomes, what happens to all these guns while these officers are on duty? Are they just sitting around? We would like to think they are locked up."

So.... I guess we can't even trust LEO's with guns after all? Like when they go to work to save people like Mr. Goodman day after day?

Morons.

:xmad:

P.S. My wife said her only objection would be the "Why not sell them and use the money? Given the economy every dollar counts..." ;)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    IL really outdoes itself some times:

Ill. town criticized for giving officers their old guns

So.... I guess we can't even trust LEO's with guns after all? Like when they go to work to save people like Mr. Goodman day after day?

Morons.

:xmad:

P.S. My wife said her only objection would be the "Why not sell them and use the money? Given the economy every dollar counts..." ;)

This.

Things like this guy said make me so baffled that I cannot put into words an arguement. It just boggles my mind that people can think this way. "Let's let cops carry guns on duty, but take them away (due to stress) when they're off duty". Makes perfect sense to me :n00b:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It's just proof that, for some, the banning has no end until it is all banned. The obvious next move is centralized storage of police firearms and distribution only as needed. The police can just wander around and play "Bobbies" like the English.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Northbrook activist Lee Goodman photographed when he learned of the plan to give the village's 70 police officers their old Beretta semi-automatics for personal use after replacing them with a newer model.

Shocked.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I bet Mr. Goodman's home gets TP'ed by every cop in that village!

The guy is obviously a d*ckh*ad so why give him press time?

Why? Because that is what Obama's state likes!

If that DH made a statement like that here,he would not like what happened afterward. :evilangel:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well I have a solution if they are so afraid of the guns being left at home. Require all gun owners to have to carry their stash of firearms with them at all times then. Put what you can into the safe (if it's bolted to a concrete floor with 12" anchor bolts) and then everything else you gotta carry with you.

You know. To make sure they're safe and not going to grow legs and come to life and go on a killing spree....

I can just see 1 in 9 people walking around with 3 or 4 rifles and a pistol on each hip, leg, and under the arms! :laugh:

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Well I have a solution if they are so afraid of the guns being left at home. Require all gun owners to have to carry their stash of firearms with them at all times then. Put what you can into the safe (if it's bolted to a concrete floor with 12" anchor bolts) and then everything else you gotta carry with you.

You know. To make sure they're safe and not going to grow legs and come to life and go on a killing spree....

I can just see 1 in 9 people walking around with 3 or 4 rifles and a pistol on each hip, leg, and under the arms! :laugh:

I have dreams like that all the time.....:rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have dreams like that all the time.....:rockwoot:

It always reminds me of the scene in the Matrix when Neo and Trinity walk in to that building to get Morpheus. You know, when they're all strapped up with Sub-guns, pistols, rifles, explosives, etc. :): Sadly, I can't find any pictures of when when he swings open his trench coat to reveal the hidden arsenal underneath! :tantrum: My search foo is broken.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    "There is some strange notion that hammers are safer in the hands of construction workers than anyone," said Northbrook activist Lee Goodman, noting the high stress levels associated with the job. "The question becomes, what happens to all these hammers while these construction workers are working? Are they just sitting around? We would like to think they are locked up."

Think of all the damage that can be done by hammers...are guns not "tools of the trade" for cops? Nobody thinks anymore.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    That's absolutely ludacris. It blows my mind what some people come up with. How do you justify that in your head. I really hope this guy just does this to make money, not because he actually believe it.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Some years ago, Cincinnati PD switched from S&W Model 10's to Model 65's. The PD was going to sell us our old Model 10's for a nominal price.

Cincinnati's mayor, a young punk named Arn Bortz, shot the plan down. His reasoning was that if we got our old guns, that we would take them out in the street and sell them to criminals.

As Dave Barry says, I am NOT making this up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IMHO/IME, I don't think antis realize how many firearms are in circulation.

Just a few months ago I was talking to somone who was not really an "anti" but merely ignorant of firearms.

I asked him how many guns he thought were in private hands. He replied "I would not be surprised if it approached a million".

I told him, by U.S. government numbers, it was 250 million, and I would add 25% more as to the guns that are in private hands via less than legal means (smuggled across border, war trophies, inter alia).

In undergrad we had to read "What to Do When the Russians Come" in a Political Science class. In it Robert Conquest writes that there were 9 million firearms in the US.

During a discussion of our readings, which included this book, I laughed and told my professor that there were at least 9 million firearms just in Indiana. My professor turned white and visibly grabbed the lectern, and asked "how do you know?".

I replied that "the federal government says so and I'm working to add to that number.":D

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Things like this guy said make me so baffled that I cannot put into words an arguement. It just boggles my mind that people can think this way. "Let's let cops carry guns on duty, but take them away (due to stress) when they're off duty". Makes perfect sense to me :n00b:

Why do they need to carry on duty to begin with? If it's so stressful just keep them unarmed :D

Top Bottom