• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    another ingoster said somthink about gettin an arezona style law well i support this as i think LTCH are complete crap.

no i havent broken the law or ever been arrested.

can we start some sort of movement to change the laws to be like arezona?

perhaps a disscution on this topic?:ingo:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    There are a couple state Senators that are working on some of this right now. One is Senator Travis Holdman from the Markle, IN area.

BillOfRights has a thread right now about some of the legislation that is currently being proposed.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    this is grate news is theyre a movement especially devoted to making this happen

somewhere to funnel in support and knowlesge on this.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

You mean if we can all hop in the Wayback Machine and go back to 1996 and elect Rex Early Gov.?:D

Well, I tried but my efforts on the campaign were . . . not rewarded.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    You guys don't know how good you have it here.

Tim - former Cook County, Illinois resident.
    We know, Tim. We know.
    We know that Illinois gun laws suck so bad that Indiana looks damn good by comparison. Yet that is no reason why we can't look at our own statutes and see something for the unconstitutional infringement that it is.

It is easy to understand how someone who moves here from places like IL, CA, or NJ would be so glad to be able to carry at all that they would be willing to sit pat and leave things as they are.

You can look at it how you want. As far as I'm concerned, the LTCH is Indiana's version of the FOID (albeit only for the carry of handguns/pistols/sidearms).

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Where the heck is arezona? Never heard of that state. Arizona I've heard of but arezona that's a new one on me.

Really though, the whole country should be like Arizona/Alaska/Vermont, thats what the 2nd Amendment means.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I would like to see Arizona gun and immigration laws come to IN.......

I will agree with the immigration laws 110% but really, what is so wrong with the LTCH, yes it is a bit expensive and for someone who doesnt have much/any extra money it may be almost impossible to get, BUT it would ALMOST be impossible. EVERYONE can save money, and even saving 10 bucks a month it would only take a person 14 months to save up enough to pay for the LTCH.

I am also in complete agreement that yes one may be unable to carry a HANDGUN with them, but what about carrying a rifle? Yea it may be difficult to CC a rifle, but one can always have one with them. Yea it isnt the best solution, but it is a solution.

Most people on here say that they feel it is their responsibility to protect themselves and their families and that is why they carry. Well if that holds true, then someone who feels that same way shouldnt have any problems carrying a rifle for protection until such time as they can get a LTCH.

Just my 2 cents...

INGunGuy

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I would like to be free too carry without a permit also but what would that do to our current resiprocity agreements ??? I also travel through other States from time to time and enjoy my right to carry in those places...

Just a thought...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    What's the problem with the LTCH law in Indiana? Just curious BillyT

I'll take that one ...

The problem is that if you have to fill out a form, pay one red cent, ask permission, register with the gov or carry a piece of paper to excercise your rights, they're not really rights anymore. They become privileges.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yep, the LTCH is just a pay-to play scheme.

1. Infringe on the right to publicly carry or transport a handgun by making it illegal.

2. Offer a way to be excepted from said restriction by purchasing a pink permission slip for $125.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I'll take that one ...

The problem is that if you have to fill out a form, pay one red cent, ask permission, register with the gov or carry a piece of paper to excercise your rights, they're not really rights anymore. They become privileges.
    +1
    the 2nd doesn't say we have the right to apply for permission, it says we have the right to keep and bear arms.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    +1
    the 2nd doesn't say we have the right to apply for permission, it says we have the right to keep and bear arms.

I have been screaming this all my life, along with letters to members of our non-representative government. The second amendment also does not specify barrel length, minimum overall length, number of rounds per trigger pull, where parts must be made, nor a host of other mandates toward ownership.

Shall not be infringed would really be nice. No paper or fee needed to apply.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I would like to be free too carry without a permit also but what would that do to our current resiprocity agreements ??? I also travel through other States from time to time and enjoy my right to carry in those places...

Just a thought...

Alaska (and I think Arizona, too) still offers their license to those who desire to have one for reciprocity with other states. Vermont does not offer that. I would like to see it done in Indiana as it is in Alaska (and possibly Arizona, as I mentioned).

A setup wherein Indiana residents are not required to have a LTCH but may get one for reciprocity with other states sounds like a good idea to me. Of course, in time, we should hope to get the other states also with Constitutional Carry. If we were to travel to AK, AZ, or VT, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't even need our IN LTCH to be able to legally carry. That's the way it really ought to be. *sigh* Someday...

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I have been screaming this all my life, along with letters to members of our non-representative government. The second amendment also does not specify barrel length, minimum overall length, number of rounds per trigger pull, where parts must be made, nor a host of other mandates toward ownership.

Shall not be infringed would really be nice. No paper or fee needed to apply.
    you could just carry a copy of the constitution (though I'm not sure how well you would fair) and tell them "here's my license to carry."

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    another ingoster said somthink about gettin an arezona style law well i support this as i think LTCH are complete crap.

no i havent broken the law or ever been arrested.

perhaps a disscution on this topic?:ingo:
    Word in bold has a Ruskie flavor to it but the rest is redneck. Do you turn Russian redneck when you drink? There is a hint of Armenian in it too.

Top Bottom