• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My friend lost my favorite EDC light at the lake. Of course, the company no longer exists, so now I have to find something else.

1. A minimum of 120 lumens. I would prefer one that has multiple brightness settings. The one I had was 40, 80, 120 lumens. It's not a deal breaker though.

2. Must be able to switch between intermittent and constant on using the tail cap. I do not like lights where you have to rotate the tail cap for constant on.

3. Must have a pocket clip, a lanyard would be a plus, but not a must.

4. Price, no more than $60

5. Must run on AA batteries.

What make and model would you recommend?

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    180 lumens and fits all your criteria:

Fenix LD20

Amazon.com: Fenix LD20 180 Lumen LED Flashlight: Sports & Outdoors

My friend lost my favorite EDC light at the lake. Of course, the company no longer exists, so now I have to find something else.

1. A minimum of 120 lumens. I would prefer one that has multiple brightness settings. The one I had was 40, 80, 120 lumens. It's not a deal breaker though.

2. Must be able to switch between intermittent and constant on using the tail cap. I do not like lights where you have to rotate the tail cap for constant on.

3. Must have a pocket clip, a lanyard would be a plus, but not a must.

4. Price, no more than $60

5. Must run on AA batteries.

What make and model would you recommend?

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I've got this light and love it. I've had it for over a year now and for under $20 I think it's hard to beat. Max output is 210, only criteria it does not fit is that it does not use AA batteries. Only compliant is that the pocket clip bends easily, but I fixed that by removing a clip from one of my pocket box cutters, and drilling it to fit the light, and securing it with LocTite.
    *Heck for $10 I think I'll buy another one.
    Amazon.com: UltraFire WF-502B Q5 Cree LED Flashlight: Home Improvement

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    This doesn't match your criteria perfectly by any stretch, but I think it's something you should check out.

Streamlight microstream
    Key Chain Light Series - MicroStream® | Streamlight

I keep mine in my pocket all day, every day. I've used it to look for the eyes of deer out to 250 yards away at night, and I can temporarily blind a guy from across the room. It's tiny, it's lightweight, it's powerful. Lots of nice big fancy flashlights out there, but I'd challenge anyone to show me a flashlight that can perform as well as this one can that's the same size.

I think it's worth looking into.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Here's my list of favorite AA lights

1. Fenix LD22 Gen 2 - This has the latest Cree LED, the mode switching is really nice with the side switch. Well built, good warranty.
    Fenix LD22 Gen 2

2. Foursevens QB2A Gen 2 - Again, has the Gen 2 LED. This light throws a nice tight beam. SO if you are light me a prefer a tight beam, you'll like this light.
    Quark Turbo QB2A Gen 2

3. FourSevens QT2A Gen 2 - I like the output and the tactical style switch. It's not that different than the LD22, other than the mode switching i more complex. But it's $5 cheaper than the LD22 and they both have the same LED.
    Quark Tactical QT2A Gen 2

4. Fenix E21- Not huge light output, but decent. I think this light is a really good value. It has two modes of output, so it's very simple, but it is made well and is $35
    Fenix E21

5. Streamlight Protac 2AA - Again, this light lacks high output compared to the others, but it also comes in with a lower price tag. Good warranty and well made.

Streamlight Protac 2AA

Also, I'll point out that we have some demo, used and clearance lights floating around was well. This list changes fairly regularly. In fact, I have a QP2A gen 2 open box to add to it shortly.
    Clearance

Also, don't forget the INGO coupon code.

Top Bottom