• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, gotta love those republicrats who love taxing people. This one would tax people who don't live in the same places that they work in. All to pay for wear and tear on local roads, (completely ignoring that those same people already pay gasoline taxes in those cities, as well as sales taxes and who knows how many other taxes). I used to live in a city that did this. I paid well over $300 a year to them in taxes and wasn't allowed to get even one penny back. I had no representation in their government, which I was forced to pay for and no say in how things were run. This will be just the same. Where's the TEA Party on this one?

Commuter Tax gains steam at statehouse

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    This is the same reason business should be taxed. they don't vote! the business should be charged a user fee for each of the major service, fire, police, road etc... based on the size of the building and land that is owned by the company.

ok i've ranted back on subject. i'm with you this is not a good idea even if it is only a .25% tax on gross income. And I believe Marion county already does something similar to this. I could be mistaken on that one though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Get rid of all taxes except income. My plan is:
    All year long you do not have any taxes taken out of your pay check.
    At the end of the year you write the local, state and federal government a check for a combined 30% of your total income.
    Your income does not matter if you make 10,000 dollars a year or 10 million dollars a year. You pay a flat tax of 30% at the end of the year.
    During the year you CAN OPT. To have that equivilent of 30% of your pay check put into a HIGH INTEREST AND TAX FREE savings account.
    no deductions from your church tithing (because that violates separation of church and state) no more terrorist organizations like the earth liberation front and peta running tax free. no more mohummed running a gas station tax free for 7 years and then passing it down to his cousin who runs it tax free for 7 more years etc. etc.

simple.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Taxation w/o representation? Didn't "we" try that once, and it didn't end too well (for the then current .gov, at least)?

I think I am taxed more than enough for the services I receive. Gotta write another letter, I guess.....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Taxes, inflation, or a combination of both, your leadership is comitted to bringing your standard of living down.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Hmmm... Jim Buck is my rep. Doesn't he also represent Carmel... and all their overbudget roads?

Yup I'll be writing him a letter.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If a tax law like this ever got passed, how many counties would ACTUALLY use the revenue generated from this on their roads?

"Business as usual" would have them throwing it into the general fund and spending it on ANYTHING BUT the roads.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    We already have this. At least as it applies to where I work and live. If you live in one county and work in another(I live in Morgan and work in Martin) you get taxed. I pay an extra 100.00 per biweekly pay day for state taxes and still seem to end up paying money to the state each year.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That Gadsden Flag license plate will look super sweet as you are paying your "employment opportunity fee" while driving to work. I hope Mr. Buck votes yes on them.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    "Isn't that what the County Tax does? Tax you if you live in one county but work in another? Sounds like the county wants to double dip!"

Is this true?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Taxation w/o representation? Didn't "we" try that once, and it didn't end too well (for the then current .gov, at least)?

I think I am taxed more than enough for the services I receive. Gotta write another letter, I guess.....

We already have it. Il. gets me for income tax and I have NO "representation" there .

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    We already have this. At least as it applies to where I work and live. If you live in one county and work in another(I live in Morgan and work in Martin) you get taxed. I pay an extra 100.00 per biweekly pay day for state taxes and still seem to end up paying money to the state each year.

I am in the same boat. I work in several different states throughout the year often for several different contractors. Several of those state do NOT have separate county taxes. I end up paying the state every year normally $3000 or better to make up the difference between what the other states take out and what Indiana wants. Not to mention the other states still get their income tax from my checks.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I am in the same boat. I work in several different states throughout the year often for several different contractors. Several of those state do NOT have separate county taxes. I end up paying the state every year normally $3000 or better to make up the difference between what the other states take out and what Indiana wants. Not to mention the other states still get their income tax from my checks.

You should be thankful the government gives you what you get. We all really need to stop stealing from government.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Don't worry, it won't be too much longer when the government takes your complete paycheck and then sends you the amount they think you should have.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    White flight? Hell, if I could live closser to work I would. But paying a mortgage in the suburbs/ country is a hell of a lot better deal than paying the same for an apartment that they call a condo and having 1/3 the space and some jackleg living right on the other side of the wall. I prefer my own space and some privacy.

Top Bottom