• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Figuring I know the answer, but haven't sent anything to Taurus before. Did they not offer to provide a shipping label?

Their warranty card and web site states it must be shipped prepaid and I called their phone number and was advised that there was an hour wait on hold. Forget that! I suppose they want it prepaid so if it is not a warranty repair they are not out any expense. Maybe I will try their phone or web contact again.

Kevinslaterjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2018
    South bend
    So in essence, an intrastate gun shop can ship direct to my home if i purchase from them online?
    I know most probably won't, but it is technically a potential option?

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    As I understand it: state 1 to state 2 = FFL to FFL only, in your own state an FFL must do FTF transfer to you with BG check and 4473. In the case of warranty repair an individual can send a HG to the licensed manufacturer using only a common carrier (ie: fed-ex, UPS under their rules) and the manufacturer can return it to you at your address. You cannot use USPS for a HG. I am sure that under federal law an online order, even in state must go FTF with an FFL.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    As I understand it: state 1 to state 2 = FFL to FFL only

state 1 to state 2 = individual OR FFL to FFL.

The key here is the firearm has to end up at an FFL, but it can originate from an individual. Some FFLs are hesitant to take firearms shipped from an individual, but it's not against any laws. I've had a few items shipped by an individual to my local FFL of choice, and all they have required is a copy of the senders ID to include in their bound book.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Just this week I went to UPS Customer Center on 86th street to send a package to Taurus in Miami for warranty work. Did this according to UPS rules on web site. Next day Air is their requirement for HG, only to an FFL. Cost was quoted as $91.00!!! Yes you read that correctly $91.00:xmad: Decided to do something differently; either trash product, have a smith look at it, or find another legal way to ship. What it really gets down to is the carriers do not want non FFL persons shipping. Just another form of gun control due to paranoia, or liability lawyers.

Call the Fed Ex in Castleton. They shipped for me to Taurus. It was like 40 bucks.

Top Bottom