• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    ....and here I sit twiddling my thumbs.

I need to make a dent in my pile of .223 brass, so figured I'd start there. First case breaks the depriming pin on my 550. No problem, I've got spares right?? WRONG....so I order a bunch. That's ok right? I need to trim a couple thousand 223 anyway, although I last trimmed 308 so I need to change my trimmer. Get out my trusty caliper and it looks like it got hit by a mack truck. Dang. Either I loaned it out and it came back broke or the Mrs. decided to open a jar of pickles with it. Either way I look at it though it's junk. No problem, I've got my old digital caliper I keep around for just such an occasion. Dead battery....Walgreens to the rescue!!!!! Except it was the only battery out of 987234 they carry that wasnt in stock.

So I gave up for the day. Without a caliper I'm useless as a reloader. While I'd love to go pull the lever on some 9mm just to make me feel better, that would now involve a caliber change and I REFUSE to load without checking OAL especially after a change.

Anybody have any AR 15's that need built today or anything? Ammo to load? Wood to split? I don't want to resort to cleaning guns.....but I guess I might have to

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Gee,you have some bad karma going on. Just saying. When I used to deprime mass quantities of military 5.56 I used a Lee 9mm size die. Set the die body high enough that it won't ring the 5.56 case. If you hit a tough primer the decap rod can be reset. Kind of a universal decap die. Carbide die works best.

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Can you cast some bullets?
    Always re-organize the ammo section of safe!
    Last but not least, you can tumble some of your loaded ammo for that shiny look!

Top Bottom