• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UglyAmerican

Plinker
    May 4, 2014
    Fishers
    Hi everyone,

I had the pleasure of attending an Appleseed event this past weekend, with excellent instruction from Stagehand Steve and his daughter Alex. While I was only able to attend the first day (grumble), I've bought my ticket for an Appleseed in September. Still, as one of the goals of Appleseed is to get people more involved in civic endeavors, I feel I must do so earlier than that. I was given to understand that Appleseed is an explicitly apolitical organization, to maintain its tax status; however, it seems like some sort of support system must exist for Appleseeders to take political action, rather than just completely leaving them to their own devices. Am I off track?

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Your slightly off track sir. Our goal isn't political action. our goal is to create rifleman in every household. we are attempting to wake up the sleeping giant. get American's to turn off their T.V.'s, get off the couches, get Involved in society. say hello to their neighbors, help folks that need it. do the things that need to be done. Not turn the blind eye and go back to keeping up with the Kirdashians or whatever. We believe that if enough people get up and get involved in the community, start paying attention to the things that are happening, well then maybe folks won't have the wool pulled over their eyes so easily. they will see a spade for what it is a spade.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    UglyAmerican, I'm very glad to hear you had a good experience at your first Appleseed and are planning to return for more.

One way you can get involved is to join us as an Instructor and/or Story Teller. Through the Project Appleseed program, you can help teach others how to become riflemen and also tell them the story of the true events of 19 April 1775. Through the LibertySeed program, we just tell the story of the true events of 19 April 1775.

As grunt soldier pointed out when we're volunteering our time to work for the RWVA through Project Appleseed or LibertySeed, we're just presenting information. The fine Americans we enlighten are then tasked with making up their own minds on how they will act upon this information.

However, when we're not working for the RWVA, we're all responsible American citizens who are free to participate in civic endeavors and the political process as we see fit. We don't just encourage others to get involved, we're all involved too. We just don't share our personal views when we're under the RWVA umbrella.

I hope to see you on the line in September. Which event did you sign-up for?

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    UglyAmerican (great name, btw),

I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience and that you have been inspired. Like grunt and TJ have said, Project Appleseed's goal is to get people involved. How you decide to get involved is up to you. Whether it is volunteering time to a worthy cause, writing letters to your political representatives and holding them accountable for their decisions and actions or attending school board or city council meetings is up to you. Hopefully, you can do all of these things. The big thing is to get involved and take an active role rather than being part of the apathetic majority who can't be bothered with voting let alone being educated on the issues and the actual workings of our society. Find something that irritates you or fills you with hope and put yourself into it.

C ya,

brianheeter

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom