• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Anybody else have a LSS that will not hold a zero? I've got one on my desk right now that I can lock the poise on and zero the beam with the tray.. but as soon as I remove the tray and replace it, it will balance at a point at least a 1/4" away from zero.. I don't trust this to reload with, but short of sending it in for repair do I have any options?

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I used a Lee for quite a while and well let's just say that as soon as I could I got something else. It's not worth sending back, in my view. Seeing as you can buy one for about 15$ on Ebay. But you might give Lee a call maybe they can give you some help on fixing it.

If you do that, let us know what the outcome is, I've had hit and miss experience's with Lee's customer service.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Is it level, and/or is there a burr on the pivot or bearing?

As far as I can tell, its never been used. I've inspected the razor blade and the bearing surface both, nothing to note. Its as level as I can get it, with no drafts in the room.

I think it may be due to age.. this was in storage since the day it was bought in '94. The beam lifter don't even contact the beam anymore and the paint on the lines is half flaked off (of course, the top half that would make it easier to read)

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Turn it over and look to see if there is a title piece of plastic taped to it. Peel it off and it should work fine. I have 2 of things, (they seem to just show up) and both had it. Once I peeled it off the arm would move more freely and wouldn't stick. Also make sure there isn't a fine piece of metal sticking to the part of the scale where the magnet is.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Turn it over and look to see if there is a title piece of plastic taped to it. Peel it off and it should work fine. I have 2 of things, (they seem to just show up) and both had it. Once I peeled it off the arm would move more freely and wouldn't stick. Also make sure there isn't a fine piece of metal sticking to the part of the scale where the magnet is.

This is good advice.

Also, the scale cannot be moved at all for it to hold zero. I've got mine fixed in place and it hasn't lost zero in years and I haven't had any trouble.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Got an email back from Lee this morning. They want me to ship it back to the factory and they will recondition it. Sounds good to me.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    That's good of Lee to offer to make it right, but just remember: A reconditioned Pinto is STILL a Pinto. ;)

Top Bottom