Incandescent light bulb ban goes into effect August 1st…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am perturbed by the .gov overreach part of it. 100% let the free market decide. Incandescent light bulbs would be gone from store shelves in a few more years if they just let that happen.
    It is relatively common to encounter enclosed environments within which the admittedly lower waste heat from an LED bulb (A19) is still to contained for the solid state parts to function well/survive but within which an incandescent will do just fine

Oven bulbs were mentioned and I personally have completely enclosed diffusers on patio light fixtures that are LED killers. I do not wish to have to go to some high dollar special purpose bulb for such applications. I have an older house with known dirty power, necessitating power conditioning for sensitive electronics but I'll be damned if I'll go to a whole house system because lightbulbs become weak players

Edit: Since with Biden in the WH a person can waltz across the southern border carrying whatever they want, does Mexico still make incandescent lighting?

Reactions: Leo

Lj429

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    Wheatfield
    Went to Baileys a few weeks ago and grabbed an entire case. I’m one of those keep your LED EMF bulbs the heck away from my kids lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If anyone goes in to lightbulb smuggling, could you branch out in to pre-water saving toilets as well? I want something that will suck down an angry adult woodchuck at a minimum.
    The toilets currently available that boast being able to flush an entire bucket of golf balls are GTG.

I swear by them. And they still qualify as water saving.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The toilets currently available that boast being able to flush an entire bucket of golf balls are GTG.

I swear by them. And they still qualify as water saving.
    When I replaced the toilet in our half bath, I was skeptical the first time I flushed it (just water - no "load" :): ). But darned if that thing doesn't flush about anything I throw at it. Much better than the toilet in our main bathroom. I sometimes have to hold the handle down on the main one, and even then it sometimes requires a second flush.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When I replaced the toilet in our half bath, I was skeptical the first time I flushed it (just water - no "load" :): ). But darned if that thing doesn't flush about anything I throw at it. Much better than the toilet in our main bathroom. I sometimes have to hold the handle down on the main one, and even then it sometimes requires a second flush.
    One of my kids friends ALWAYS clogged our toilet when he came over. ALWAYS. (unless he was just peeing)
    As soon as I switched over to the new toilet, clogs were a thing of the past. It would struggle, but would still power through. He couldnt clog it.

Its the enormous 4" flush valve that is the key. It dumps the entire tank in about 2 seconds to blast ANYTHING in the bowl to the deepest depths of hell. :):

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I haven't read the entire thread.....but does anyone know if this will also ban incandescent automotive bulbs? I tried to install LED's on my camper, but could not find an LED bulb that would work with my truck. They all would rapid flash and give my truck an error code. Incandescent/Halogen seems to be my only option.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Just wait. Instead of light bulbs, someone will start making\selling them as "heat bulb" space heaters. IIRC that's what happened in another country. Hack they already sell them here for certain uses. Reptile enclosures and such as an example.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    My toilet will take a cantaloupe whole. But too much fruit down there draws a lot of flies.
    But usually a shovel or two of sawdust and it's all good.
    My water savings are incredible. I need to contact the White House and let them know a better solution than "Low-Flow" toilets.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've always kept extra light bulbs around as if you don't have both bulbs and electricity, you are in the dark. Probably need to increase the inventory. Like BBI was mentioning I'm wondering if there will be an underground market in the future that deals in old tech now banned by the government.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I haven't read the entire thread.....but does anyone know if this will also ban incandescent automotive bulbs? I tried to install LED's on my camper, but could not find an LED bulb that would work with my truck. They all would rapid flash and give my truck an error code. Incandescent/Halogen seems to be my only option.
    There are a couple of different things that are supposed to solve that issue.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There are a couple of different things that are supposed to solve that issue.

I've tried retrofitting 2 different types of LEDs into my vehicle.
    Both burned out in a few months.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I put LEDs in the Charger's tail lights and turn signals. Had to use a different amp blinker to make it work. They certainly are brighter than the old incandescent.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

No. Nor does it include appliance light bulbs, etc.

Top Bottom