• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I cut up a couple of old trees we had in our back hard for fire wood for our bonfire tomorrow... Was wearing my Sig p226 OC the entire time...

Strange - none of the wood asked me to cover my firearm or to leave the back yard!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I cut up a couple of old trees we had in our back hard for fire wood for our bonfire tomorrow... Was wearing my Sig p226 OC the entire time...

Strange - none of the wood asked me to cover my firearm or to leave the back yard!

The only thing I really want to know is where the bonfire is gonna be :dunno:

Seriously though.. the neighbors hassled you right ? didn't they ?? :laugh:

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    1: How is someone expressing his Rights, hurting other gun owners? It is bigotry against gun owners to label all of us based on the actions of a few. We shouldn't take a stand against bigotry?
    By your logic Rosa Parks was just being "stubborn"..

2: How utterly illogical is it to tell someone to cover up a gun, AFTER THEY HAVE SEEN IT? :dunno: The gun is still there, they KNOW he has it, but it is somehow less dangerous if it is covered? I have never, and will never, understand that lack of logic..

The officer said to cover it up the next time he was in. He said he was good for that day. You're right, it wouldn't make sense to cover it up after someone has already seen it, but that's not what he was asking him to do.

I go to that TCU also, as it is on my way home from work. I don't carry in there, because my guns are not welcome on the ND campus where I work, nor are they welcome in my company work truck. I've seen the off duty Roseland officer the OP's talking about, and have always had the impression that he wouldn't be accomidating to open carry.......guess my impression was on the mark.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The officer said to cover it up the next time he was in. He said he was good for that day. You're right, it wouldn't make sense to cover it up after someone has already seen it, but that's not what he was asking him to do.

I go to that TCU also, as it is on my way home from work. I don't carry in there, because my guns are not welcome on the ND campus where I work, nor are they welcome in my company work truck. I've seen the off duty Roseland officer the OP's talking about, and have always had the impression that he wouldn't be accomidating to open carry.......guess my impression was on the mark.

Doesn't matter what the cop's opinion is.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Not sure what you're responding to, as I never brought up the cop's opinion about anything. Not that I disagree with your comment.

I was commenting on the emboldened parts:

I've seen the off duty Roseland officer the OP's talking about, and have always had the impression that he wouldn't be accomidating to open carry.......guess my impression was on the mark.

His opinion means jack :poop:.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I was commenting on the emboldened parts:

His opinion means jack :poop:.

Well, the first part wasn't an opinion. The way I read it, it was a directive. Although, he was acting on an incorrect assumption.

I guess the second part is sort of an opinion.....mostly, it was just an observation of mine based on his daily arrogant demeanor.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well, the first part wasn't an opinion. The way I read it, it was a directive. Although, he was acting on an incorrect assumption.

I guess the second part is sort of an opinion.....mostly, it was just an observation of mine based on his daily arrogant demeanor.
    Refusal to cover something completely legal up means the person has an arrogant demeanor? Am I misunderstanding, or were you there to witness the conversation?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County

No, it wasn't a directive, it was a heckler's veto based on the guy's opinion.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    No, it wasn't a directive, it was a heckler's veto based on the guy's opinion.
    The off duty Roseland cop is employeed by the bank. He is their security officer. Had the bank's policy been to not allow OC, he was well within his rights to say what he did. It wasn't his opinion...........none of this really matters, because he was wrong anyway. It's really not worth continued conversation.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    In my opinion oldguyguns comment is bs, a bank is a good place these days to carry.Desperate people do desperate things.

Top Bottom