• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Call Corporate and get them involved. Let them know the names and location of the UPS facility. This same crap happened to my friend and fellow INGO poster. Corporate will smack some peepees and you'll be able to ship your rifle.
    It's already been shipped via FedEx - but at least one peep does need smacked...

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Ironically I just stood behind a guy at a UPS hub this morning and watched him go through the process of shipping a firearm back to a manufacturer. He and I were both blown away at how easy it was, and in conversation came to realize we're both members on this website.

Due to my prior ignorance of this process, I asked a bunch of questions and now feel reasonably informed on UPS's policy of shipping firearms. Comparing what I learned a few hours ago against what you've explained, I see two potential issues. They must print the shipping & address labels on-site at the hub (I asked if I could provide the labels from my business, or have it picked-up from my location, and was told no to both). Also, that shipping label must declare a description of the weapon including caliber. I shipped ammo today, it too required a caliber description. So, oddly enough, I had an experience today that proved how incredibly simple and non-confrontational it can be to ship a firearm through UPS.

If the gentleman placed a label on the outside of the shipping container containing ANY information that the package contains a firearm, He IS IN VIOLATION of the ATF laws.

Under

(b) No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or outside written notice to be placed on the outside of any package, luggage, or other container indicating that the package, luggage or other container contains a firearm.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Im sorry to hear of your bad dealings but I had the opposite experience at the UPS hub on Cowan Rd in Muncie.

I walked in carrying a box that very clearly and in large letters said "remington"....The clerk held up his hands in a joking manner and said "dont shoot".

He then proceeded to tell me how he loved shooting his remington in 22-250 and his lever action .22...we chatted casually about firearms while I borrowed his tape gun....I left my package and had no issues whatsoever.

Shipping a guitar is a different story all together.

Its the people that ruin things...not the company.

God bless
    -Shred

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I often stand in front of the opened safe and read my guns news articles about bad guns and what they've done to innocent people over the years, always without any response from the inventory. I read your UPS episode to them just know and they're all laughing their butts off at the wussification level of Mr. shipping clerk.. :lmfao:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Uhhh...not according to Federal law.

Right.

I get firearms shipped to me via UPS (C&R). The guy in brown usually says, "huh, must be a gun - enjoy!". There's nothing on the package indicating that it's a firearm. Ammo requires an ORD sticker, but so does a lot of other stuff.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Why not call UPS when inside talking to the idiot to let they take care of it right then and there?

- Didn't talk to the "idiot" other than on the phone.

- As previously stated three pages back, didn't want to cause a scene and get swat teamed due to the obvious paranoia and agenda of the "idiot".

- I have now spoken with someone at UPS corporate who was both very professional and apologetic and assured me the matter would be addressed with both the manager of the hub and the individual employee.

I'm satisfied with this and am moving on, thanks for all the comments.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    At this point, the only question I want to ask, did you inventory the package before shipping it off through Fed EX? If the clown at UPS opened your package enough to determine it was a gun, whos to say he didnt loose any of the pieces, either purposefully or otherwise?

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    At this point, the only question I want to ask, did you inventory the package before shipping it off through Fed EX? If the clown at UPS opened your package enough to determine it was a gun, whos to say he didnt loose any of the pieces, either purposefully or otherwise?

I sure did, everything was still in the case thankfully. I think this guy was actually scared of a disassembled rifle, no joke.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Why not call UPS when inside talking to the idiot to let they take care of it right then and there?

i agree. i would have had the person from corporate on the phone and when back into the hub and had him explain himself to the higher ups while i was standing there, hopefully watched him get embarrassed... but thats just me, the OP is a better man than I. Im a D**K when it comes to people like that. LOL. But i do understand why he didn't

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know this sucks but are any of you really surprised at this A$$ clowns antics. He got his 15 minutes in the highlite reel when he controlled some gun nut and he is at home right now sporting wood and a hero in his own A$$ hat mind. He probably sent an e-mail to Piers Morgan and is standing naked in front of a poster sporting PM's likeness.

Yes, the freaking world has gone mad.

Did you inform corporate of your actions in re-shipping??
    If I missed this up-thread I apologize.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Another example of why I ship long guns via USPS. Just got a shotgun delivered today, was shipped Tuesday from Ohio and made the trip safe and sound for a hell of a lot less money than FedEx or UPS overnight.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    - Didn't talk to the "idiot" other than on the phone.

- As previously stated three pages back, didn't want to cause a scene and get swat teamed due to the obvious paranoia and agenda of the "idiot".

- I have now spoken with someone at UPS corporate who was both very professional and apologetic and assured me the matter would be addressed with both the manager of the hub and the individual employee.

I'm satisfied with this and am moving on, thanks for all the comments.

When you picked up the package, who did you talk to and what did they/you say about you picking it back up and not shipping it?

You did nothing wrong, let the police show up.

Top Bottom