Ind. ruling halts caregiver choices based on race (Indiana leading the way??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    You can link news articles until the cows come home, but what do these individual cases(in all cases the person was fired and/or jailed) have to do with a person refusing quality service? I think we can all agree that those in question(in your links) are definitely not fit to be taking care of anyone, but obviously the victims aren't getting medical help from them anymore.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm having trouble seeing your correlation between those isolated instances and you calling foul on the gov't for telling a patient that they can't refuse quality service?

I could've posted more and more, true. My point is that a Patient MUST be afforded some rights to choose who can take care of them.

I posted these examples to show there are horrors these Elderly faced, and the "norms" within culturals.

Brother, as I said... I hear stories which you cant imagine, which were NEVER in Fox 59, handled in a relatively hush hush manner.

How do we know the lady in question was giving quality service? Even if that, why is the patients choice being infringed upon by the Govt? How do we know the patient didnt have 'bad' experiences with black CNAs and was only acting in a pre emptive manner.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last I checked a patient could refuse service anywhere, the particular patient can take their happy asses to another doctor or hospital. Problem solved, freemarket in action.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Last I checked a patient could refuse service anywhere, the particular patient can take their happy asses to another doctor or hospital. Problem solved, freemarket in action.

Why do they have to leave, when a minor service change is asked.

If I have a crappy waitress, I can ask for someone better. If I dont like my waitress for whatever reason, I can ask for someone who is more pleasing for whatever reason.

Sorry but the "Customer" is ALWAYS right.... or so I thought.

:D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    How do we know the lady in question was giving quality service?

That's the kicker and I'll generalize it as to not be specific to one particular situation...

Sure, you can keep asking for new "help" until you find the particular person you want, but when you need help and feel entitled to get that help from a certain group of people, you should be ready be asked to leave when you start :poop:ing on people that have been nothing but great employees with no bad complaints/reviews until you(generic you) come around.

Even if that, why is the patients choice being infringed upon by the Govt?

They need the help and there's a pretty solid chance the "Govt" is helping them pay for it. If you have the money, you can hire ANYONE you want to assist you.

How do we know the patient didnt have 'bad' experiences with black CNAs and was only acting in a pre emptive manner.

So you get help from a (X,Y,Z-race) and now all (X,Y,Z-race) should be painted as bad workers?:scratch:

Why do they have to leave, when a minor service change is asked.

If I have a crappy waitress, I can ask for someone better. If I dont like my waitress for whatever reason, I can ask for someone who is more pleasing for whatever reason.

Go to a restaurant, get a (X-race) waiter/waitress, then ask for a (Y-race) waiter/waitress and see how quickly you will be asked to leave.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The healthcare provider has no choice in who they treat. If you show up to the emergency room even with no insurance they must treat you by law.

NHV, are you ok with the government eliminating the providers choice in who they treat but not your choice in what individual treats you?

For the free markets to work, both sides most play by the same rules. If I were going to judge a person's ability to provide me proper care, appearance would be an extremely poor guide.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    That's the kicker and I'll generalize it as to not be specific to one particular situation...

Sure, you can keep asking for new "help" until you find the particular person you want, but when you need help and feel entitled to get that help from a certain group of people, you should be ready be asked to leave when you start :poop:ing on people that have been nothing but great employees with no bad complaints/reviews until you(generic you) come around.

Great employees is one thing, pee poor employees is an entirely different thing.

They need the help and there's a pretty solid chance the "Govt" is helping them pay for it. If you have the money, you can hire ANYONE you want to assist you.

Doesnt matter IMO, considering how much Govt robs people, they're entire life.

Even people WITH money, are not afforded the basic rights to choose.

Again, I know THIS field fairly well. They have companies of CNA which will do Home Health care, assisted living, even in old folks home, aside from what is already given.

From what I've personally witnessed, a majority of CNAs ARE (minority - ) Black.

So you get help from a (X,Y,Z-race) and now all (X,Y,Z-race) should be painted as bad workers?:scratch:

No.

Unfortunatelly, good workers you get the heat from the bad ones, it's called Sterotyping - Is that fair? Nope. Does it work? Yes.

I am Pro-Patients rights, not because of "painting all as bad" but because of the stories I 've heard, which have a certain consistancy in patterns. It's a scary world brother.

Go to a restaurant, get a (X-race) waiter/waitress, then ask for a (Y-race) waiter/waitress and see how quickly you will be asked to leave.

Brother, I dont know how it is in the country.... But in the City, the Restaurant doesnt give a crap about the servers, compared to the Customers.

More likely than not, the Restaurant will bend over backwards to appease the customer.

Horn -

If The Government is OK with the Patients rights, then perhaps Govt should repay all money it's been given.

I know for a fact, if given a chance, I'd opt out of all forms of supporting this govt, and the failed systems, and would rather be left to my own devices, or re-invest THAT money into organizations which would put the Patient first.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Ok, perhaps my point is being missed. Instead of Sterotyping minority CNA's, lets make a hypothetical.

Let's pretend for example that every white CNA was a wife to a KKK member. Would a minority patient have the right to ask for a CNA who made the Patient feel comfortable if it was just a matter of cultural differences, then why not?

Again, in this situation, I support a Patients rights, no matter the race. They're desire should be respected.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Let's pretend for example that every white CNA was a wife to a KKK member. Would a minority patient have the right to ask for a CNA who made the Patient feel comfortable if it was just a matter of cultural differences, then why not?

How would they know if the CNA was married to a KKK member?

If the CNA is treating their patient how they should be treated, it shouldn't matter.

[I chose not to pick out each individual sentence in your last post because I probably couldn't have articulated my post the way I wanted to without breaking the rules(arguments/posts aren't allowed to be race related)]

I've had several old women ask for a female nurse. Can I sue them?

Apples and oranges IMO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    How would they know if the CNA was married to a KKK member?

If that was the sterotype.

Black CNA's have a sterotype, just as White ones do; If you know the field. Of which I do.

If the CNA is treating their patient how they should be treated, it shouldn't matter.

Agreed. However, again, if something made you feel comfortable in your last days, why should it not be up held???

Which has been my point.

The second part, is how the Govt has interferred with the will of the individual, and how that is WRONG.

But since it's a race issue, screw the evil bigot has been the motto trumped, by those who usually chant "freedom" etc.

[I chose not to pick out each individual sentence in your last post because I probably couldn't have articulated my post the way I wanted to without breaking the rules(arguments/posts aren't allowed to be race related)]

I actually agree. I could perhaps better show my point, but that would undoubtedly violate the rules.

Apples and oranges IMO.

Take "race" out of the equation, and put gender, or religion, or culture or anything else, and it's all the same, IMO.

EDIT....^^^&&&&****

I've made my case; I've defended my stance with cited sources. I dont feel this thread will go anywhere, or further enlighten. I am bowing out.

good debate folks, even if I do respectfully disagree.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Take "race" out of the equation, and put gender, or religion, or culture or anything else, and it's all the same, IMO.

I don't completely agree with the gender part...If I was a (CNA, RN, any kind of nurse, etc) I would not be offended if a lady asked for another lady to do certain "things" that is required for that job.

I've never had a job in a medical field, so I guess I could be off base by thinking that, but that's just my opinion.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Here is my concern, everyone is some kind of race. Who is to say that if I have a problem with the quality of care I am getting and it has nothing to do with race, whats to stop them from saying it is because of race and denying me the ability to stop recieving the care.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom