• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    We used to find LOTS of stuff in the plowed fields around our house in Hancock Co. when I was little. We even found a pile of stone axe heads, all perfect condition. There were 6 or 7 if I recall and one was 8 inches long or so. The rest were between 5 and 6 inches. I have an ammo can full of arrow heads somewhere. There is a few spear points and one nice tomahawk head in there as well. I found a nice arrow head right off our porch in Perry county near Branchville a few years ago.
    Id love to find a blade cache. My sister in laws sister found a cache of 27 while her husband was dozing out a fence row.

ShotgunGuitarist

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2024
    Nashville, IN
    I used to find them a lot more before no-till farming became the standard. When I was a kid all you had to do was walk a freshly tilled field and you’d at least find broken pieces. The pristine ones came more rarely. Now when I search its creek beds and riverbanks. It’s illegal to dig, so I let the water do the digging for me.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I belong to the Central States Archaeological Society and the Indiana division has at least 6 shows a year. They are free to the public. I have went to the Peru one and it was eye filling. March 24th at the Warrick County fairgrounds and Miami County fairgrounds on April 6th are next. It's 30$ a year for membership with 4 quarterly magazines.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I belong to the Central States Archaeological Society and the Indiana division has at least 6 shows a year. They are free to the public. I have went to the Peru one and it was eye filling. March 24th at the Warrick County fairgrounds and Miami County fairgrounds on April 6th are next. It's 30$ a year for membership with 4 quarterly magazines.
    Where could someone get a list of shows?

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Has anyone seen a point like this? I don't hunt them but know about six people that have hunted for decades. In particular, the guy that found this. Several of the other guys say that if they didn't know the guy that found it, they would call "fake". This is it, as it was found in the field (I think). None of my guys have seen one like it.

Attachments

• IMG_4156.PNG
      IMG_4156.PNG
      3 MB · Views: 21

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Has anyone seen a point like this? I don't hunt them but know about six people that have hunted for decades. In particular, the guy that found this. Several of the other guys say that if they didn't know the guy that found it, they would call "fake". This is it, as it was found in the field (I think). None of my guys have seen one like it.
    Where was it found?

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    If I get a chance I'll look thru some of my books to see if I can get an identification

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Just went thru my "Indian artifacts of the Midwest book 3" nothing i see matches it....
    How long is it?

Top Bottom