• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    New Indiana Law Allows Citizens to Shoot Police Officers | Live Free, Live Natural

Thoughts?

Besides the offensive liberal title in the link, I support this 100% and think it's great IN. is the first state to get something like this passed. Unlawful entry by ANY can be legally met with resistance. I don't know about you folks but that's a good piece of mind for me and my family. Hopefully the law will never need to be exercised but it's good to know we have it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Left loons are ALWAYS going to twist the rhetoric to fit their pre-planned agenda. I no longer give them any credibility whatsoever.

Indiana residents know why the law was enacted, and the meaning of it. Let the others wallow in their own :poop:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I believe you should be able to defend your home against unlawful entry, period.

However, what do you think your chances would be against a SWAT team? Also, if they were uniformed, I think it would cause me enough hesitation that I'd probably not shoot. Of course, if they saw me there with a weapon, it would probably be too late for me, anyway.

I had a student whose family's home was mistakenly raided and she had an AR or M4 pointed right in her face. 13 years old at the time. They had the wrong house. Fortunately, no one was injured.

I would hope that they'd catch me by surprise in a way that I'd not have a chance to be armed. The way my house is laid out, however, the odds are good I would be.

Fortunately, these situations are rare. Even if they mistakenly and unlawfully entered my home, if I shot a cop I'd be sick about it, no matter how justified it might be. If I killed one, I'd be even more sick over it. Hell, I wouldn't feel too good over shooting anyone, even a criminal, although I'd deal with that a little better.

Just my humble thoughts and opinions. Off to work I go...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is very old news. There have been several angst-filled threads about this topic. Do we really need another one?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    This is very old news. There have been several angst-filled threads about this topic. Do we really need another one?

...but old news is EXCITING!

Especially if you are a blogger who gets "inspiration" for your posts from other sources on the internet, where links to links to links to links to source material is all-too-common.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And despite the sensationalist title, it doesn't "allow Indiana residents to shoot police officers".

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Did you just hear? The federal government is starting to tax INCOME!

I say it's unconstitutional. They'll never get away with it!

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    There was a drug raid in Miami some years back on a teachers house. They shot him in the back because he tried to get away from them. He was three years from retirement. They had the wrong house. That wasn't the only time they made such a mistake.

I have always feared such a mistake. You are in bed and the dogs go nuts. You grab a gun and head for the door. You see people in your house with guns. They are dressed in black. You see the rifle come up as you point your gun at them. Some one is going to die or get badly hurt. At that point it don't matter who had what peace of paper or who is in the wrong.

Is this law a good Idea. I hope so. May be it will give police something to think about the next time they brake down a door. The bad part about it is I don't think that most police are bad guys. I also know some of the police think that everyone is guilty and they treat everyone the same way, like ****. Have you ever watched how people are being taken down on the bad boys show? There is no respect for or concern about the people they are taking down. Then again they think that they are taking down a bad guy. What ever happened to innocent till found guilty? I don't know. Dealing with bad guys is a job I am glad I didn't choose. I have a uncle that did it all his life and I think it made him a little crazy. Then that may be why he chose that job. Thank god we have people that can do that job. I know it would make me nuts.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    1384231318072.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member