• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Try walking in and around any new housing developments. My neighbor found some in an empty field that is still undeveloped. It was a farm that got grated so there is a lot of exposed land

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    We occasionally find arrowheads and pices of flint in creekbeds after a rain northeast of Franklin.

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I have found a couple dozen of them that I found when I was in school. It seems like I just have to much going on in life to go out and look anymore. It's harder to find spots also since more farmers are not plowing ground.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    as a kid, i used to follow the tractor as we turned over earth. my old man has an eye for it and would collect a lot more than i, not to mention coins, tools, etc.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I've been working in dirt since 95 & have yet to find an arrow head yet....& I look.
    A guy I knew in Millersburg has a collection he showed me & claimed to of found them all locally.
    He didn't lead on to any of the actuall locations.

I'll keep looking...might get lucky yet.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've tried but only seem to find broken ones in north Vernon. I've found all kinds of nice fossils though because that area was high in glacier run off

hawkencougar2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    I have had my best luck finding arrowheads right after a farm field was planted and it just got rained on. The only problem is most of the time they were chipped from the farm equipment.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    as a kid, i used to follow the tractor as we turned over earth. my old man has an eye for it and would collect a lot more than i, not to mention coins, tools, etc.

This is a good point. Some people seems to have an inate ability to find these things.

I know a guy who can spot a 4 leaf clover from 10 feet off.

The best (ONLY) arrowhead I found was in my dad's junk drawer. Then my boy found it in mine ... now he has it.

hawkencougar2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    I have never spotted one in freshly turned over ground. The dirt sticks to them. Got after a rain, they get washed off and are easy to spot.

hawkencougar2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    I used to put on my sony walkman and walk the fields for hours. Thinking about it now I bet people that I was insane out there walking around in fields.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I used to find Indian beads on the play ground when I was in play school. I have often thought about going as an adult but just never have.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley

Sounds like your field could have once been a home site. If you were finding arrow heads, you were likely farming an old Indian site that had become a trading post. That would be a dream site for a metal detectorist.

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    A word of caution......Do Not attempt to remove or even look for arrowheads on federal land.....You will be prosecuted if caught.
    And do not dig for arrowheads on Indiana soil, even if it is private property...its also illegal to plow for the sole purpose of finding arrowheads in Indiana.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    I love looking for them. Usually in between shed season and turkey season I am out walking the fields and creeks at every opportunity. Unfortunately I have only ever found a handful of them. Most of the fields I have access to have been picked over for years.

Top Bottom