Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Guy Relford posted:

I've had dozens of people send me the link to SB 203, filed in the Indiana Senate by Indianapolis Democrat Greg Taylor, (although I saw it the day it was filed). This is similar to other anti-2A bills that have been filed in the past - and it's not going anywhere. It has been assigned to the Corrections & Criminal Law Committee in the Senate, chaired by strong 2A supporter and Republican Michael Young. Republicans also hold a 7-2 majority on the committee. Some of the strongest 2A supporters we have in the Senate, including Aaron Freeman and Jack Sandlin, sit on that committee.

The bill is certainly ugly, with a "high capacity magazine ban," a ban on "multi-burst triggers," an "assault weapon open carry ban" and additional nonsense. But it's not going anywhere - and predictions that "Indiana is the next Virginia" are a little silly. (Unlike Virginia, where Democrats now control the senate, the house of delegates and the Governor's office, Republicans still have a super-majority in both the senate and the house of representatives - and Gov. Eric Holcomb remains a strong 2A supporter.)

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant and it is certainly a good idea to call your senator and voice your opinion. But I don't see a need to storm the Statehouse anytime soon. ;-)

If you don't know who your state senator is, you can find out here: Find your Legislator - Indiana General Assembly, 2020 Session

PS: If you share this, please share my post as well as the link to the bill. Otherwise, you're just spreading the hysteria.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    So, having never actually contacted any of these joker's.

Apart from those websites that allow you to mail a message to many at a time.

I have very little knowledge or experience with this. So please educate me.

I read these bills. I thought. I should call these fools or send a letter or email etc.

But would it be in vein? Do they read them? Do they care?
    What good would it do?

Senate Bill 203 - Firearms - Indiana General Assembly, 2020 Session

As a former Press Secretary for the Senate, I can assure you that yes, they do see your emails, and they do hear your phone calls. However, you will not get to a legislator directly. You will first have to go through their legislative assistant.

Another thing to note. If you do not live in their district, they don't want to hear from you. Sen. Taylor's position is going to be made up on this issue. Sen. Taylor's district is mostly the east side of Indianapolis. Post Road and 38th street etc. He has introduced similar bills like this in the past. What you need to do is contact YOUR senator, who represents your district. If you do not know who your senator is, you can find him/her by going onto the iga website and putting in your area code. Contact YOUR senator and tell them to vote this bill down. Tell them that you do not support this, and will not support them if they vote in favor of it.

I have a feeling that this might pass through committee. If you look at who is on the committee, Corrections and Criminal Law, here is how I think the votes will go based on my personal experiences with these Senators:
    Sen. Young - will vote no.
    Sen. Glick - may vote either way
    Sen. Bohacek - may vote yes, as he is a little more liberal than others in the Senate.
    Sen. Busch - I do not know him. He is new.
    Sen. Freeman - will vote no.
    Sen. Koch - will vote no.
    Sen. Sandlin - will vote no.
    Sen. Tallian - will vote yes.
    Sen. Randoplh - will vote yes.

There is a possibility that this could pass out of committee, but I don't think it will pass the full Senate.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I may be wrong too. I hope that Mr. Relford is correct and Sen. Young doesn't even allow it in.

It probably won't pass through the committee, but that is my take on it if it does.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Senate Bill 203 - Firearms - Indiana General Assembly, 2020 Session

As a former Press Secretary for the Senate, I can assure you that yes, they do see your emails, and they do hear your phone calls. However, you will not get to a legislator directly. You will first have to go through their legislative assistant.

Another thing to note. If you do not live in their district, they don't want to hear from you. Sen. Taylor's position is going to be made up on this issue. Sen. Taylor's district is mostly the east side of Indianapolis. Post Road and 38th street etc. He has introduced similar bills like this in the past. What you need to do is contact YOUR senator, who represents your district. If you do not know who your senator is, you can find him/her by going onto the iga website and putting in your area code. Contact YOUR senator and tell them to vote this bill down. Tell them that you do not support this, and will not support them if they vote in favor of it.

I have a feeling that this might pass through committee. If you look at who is on the committee, Corrections and Criminal Law, here is how I think the votes will go based on my personal experiences with these Senators:
    Sen. Young - will vote no.
    Sen. Glick - may vote either way
    Sen. Bohacek - may vote yes, as he is a little more liberal than others in the Senate.
    Sen. Busch - I do not know him. He is new.
    Sen. Freeman - will vote no.
    Sen. Koch - will vote no.
    Sen. Sandlin - will vote no.
    Sen. Tallian - will vote yes.
    Sen. Randoplh - will vote yes.

There is a possibility that this could pass out of committee, but I don't think it will pass the full Senate.

Thank you. I'll send a note to my rep.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I emailed my Senator, Blake Doriot. I am not really sure where he stands on things. He doesn't seem to do social media and I don't recall ever getting an actual response from any prior emails. I may have gotten a "will consider your views" response.

guinnb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Columbus
    Can someone tell us when this libtard is up for re-election and who is running against him? We can put $ down to help!

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    On a serious note what is a

a multiburst trigger activator”

Just a guess, but it could be a binary trigger with a selector to fire a cartridge in both the depressed and released trigger positions. But you could argue multi burst is select fire. Hopeful they're too uneducated to clean up the language.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    California law.

(4) Any aftermarket trigger or trigger system that, if installed, allows more than one round to be fired with a single depression of the trigger.

A binary trigger only allows one round to fire when depressing the trigger. And if selected, one round fires when releasing the trigger.:):

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    How many $300 binary triggers were installed and used in a crime? This also sounds like the objective is suppressing 2A.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I don't vote for anybody with a D in front of their name anymore. And they get a lot, lot of votes in Indianapolis. I hope all supporters of 2A will take 45 minutes out of their day and vote. With so many Democrats, it's going to take everyone to make a showing.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Proposed bill that INGO likes: "It will never get passed."

Proposed bill that INGO does not like: "OMG, this is the law now!!! zomg!"

Wait a minute.
    Are you making fun of us?

f90fZcq.gif

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    My understanding is that because this is a short session (a whole 3 months long), and a non-fiscal one, that any bill that requires money to make the magic happen probably has zero chance of seeing the light of day.

I agree, this is virtue signaling--put up a bill that has no chance of passing so it can be used as election fodder. And when something bad happens anywhere in the country, refer to the bill that died as a token gesture that, had the incident happened here, could have been stopped because of this bill that didn't get passed, even if it wouldn't have mattered...

gill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    indianapolis
    People fail to understand that the real "Assault Weapon" is the weapon that is in between a man's (or woman's) ears. Remember Cain assaulted Able with a stone. Any tool can (and has been used) be used to assault another including the Bible, Koran, or Talmud. Realize that it is "the heart of man is deceitful and desperately wicked" that is at the root of one human assaulting another. I believe if there is to be an assault weapons ban, the ban should be against the actual weapon, the thoughts in the heart of man.

Top Bottom