Indiana at risk of losing its industrial dominance if it doesn’t decarbonize, report says

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I’m disappointed in the number of so-called conservatives that are all on board with this “sustainability” crap.
    I mean there's sustainability and there's deindustrialization. Sustainability is not clear-cutting our forests, not hunting animal herds to extinction, managing the use of coal/gas/oil so those reserves continue to be available in the future, etc. It's being prudent.

What we're talking about here is deindustrialization and ultimately regression to either an agrarian peasant or an urban rat maze lifestyle for 98% of humanity.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I mean there's sustainability and there's deindustrialization. Sustainability is not clear-cutting our forests, not hunting animal herds to extinction, managing the use of coal/gas/oil so those reserves continue to be available in the future, etc. It's being prudent.

What we're talking about here is deindustrialization and ultimately regression to either an agrarian peasant or an urban rat maze lifestyle for 98% of humanity.
    ^^^^^ this, a thousand times this. You know how you end up with next to no industry? You "decarbonize".

What these f****** want is a dysfunctional dystopian society with everyone living in"walkable" (you can't have independent means of travel), "sustainable" (minimal resources which you will have doled out to you), as you barely exist in their company town stacked on top of each other.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Like so many other things (like “common sense gun laws” or “equity”) the words they use don’t mean what we think they mean when they use them.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    The Hall-Heroult aluminum smelting process requires electric power input on a 24/7 basis (loss of power for more than about 4 hours guarantees shutdown of the cell lines as the molten salt electrolyte cools to the point where its electrical resistance becomes excessive).

Last time I looked, the sun does not shine 24/7 and the wind doesn't blow 24/7 either.

Of course that doesn't matter to the mental midgets in the "Green" religion and their political acolytes.

If I wanted to blame someone for "carbonophobia", it might have to be Gene Roddenberry and the plot narrative of "carbon units infesting USS Enterprise" from "Star Trek:The Motion Picture".

You are the Kirk-unit. You will assist me.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    ^^^^^ this, a thousand times this. You know how you end up with next to no industry? You "decarbonize".

What these f****** want is a dysfunctional dystopian society with everyone living in"walkable" (you can't have independent means of travel), "sustainable" (minimal resources which you will have doled out to you), as you barely exist in their company town stacked on top of each other.
    Prison is a place where you walk everywhere you go, you don't consume much energy, you don't have to pay utility bills or property tax, you own almost nothing to maintain and you don't even have to think about food purchases or preparation. IF all goes well you even get free TV. The Chaplain walks by your cell every other week at 9:00 am so you don't even need to drive to church.

Sounds like the design for what the Globalists and their democrap lap dogs want to provide for us.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The Hall-Heroult aluminum smelting process requires electric power input on a 24/7 basis (loss of power for more than about 4 hours guarantees shutdown of the cell lines as the molten salt electrolyte cools to the point where its electrical resistance becomes excessive).

Last time I looked, the sun does not shine 24/7 and the wind doesn't blow 24/7 either.

Of course that doesn't matter to the mental midgets in the "Green" religion and their political acolytes.

If I wanted to blame someone for "carbonophobia", it might have to be Gene Roddenberry and the plot narrative of "carbon units infesting USS Enterprise" from "Star Trek:The Motion Picture".

You are the Kirk-unit. You will assist me.
    The people pushing absolute zero (net zero is so yesterday, now they want no emissions at all) are completely ignorant on any kind of industrial process. I'm pretty ignorant too, but even I know a whole lot of steelmaking and other industrial operations require fossil fuels and the kind of electricity you can't get from a freakin windmill.

I don't know what they think we're gonna make the windmills out of. Wood?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The people pushing this stuff don't actually know how things work.
    And..
    They don't care.

They just believe that things should just operate, the way they want.
    It's like people that never grew up. They are stuck in 'neverland'.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The people pushing this stuff don't actually know how things work.
    And..
    They don't care.

They just believe that things should just operate, the way they want.
    It's like people that never grew up. They are stuck in 'neverland'.
    I’ve come to believe that 95% of people are completely ignorant as to what it takes to keep any industry going. I am knowledgeable in refineries, coal fired generation, chemical manufacturing, some agriculture production via my career, but not in industries I have not worked in. Politicians and activists I believe are ignorant in about 99.9% of everything.

Top Bottom