Indiana Bill allowing no one to touch indiana produced guns, accessories, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Getting the federal monkey off your back means leaving the federal money out of your pocket. Few states, if any, have the political will and budgetary discipline to do so.

I see this come up all the time. And I have to laugh....

Where do you think the Feds get that "federal money" from? If they withhold federal money, than I guess WE withhold our tax revenue FOR that federal money. Seems like a win to me....

The Fed Monkey can't get no banana's if he ain't got no moneys!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Here's a map of states which have either passed such legislation, introduced such legislation, intend to, or don't give a damn. With little to no surprise, the states that don't give a damn for the most part are the ones who hate firearms anyway.

The map I think dates from December of last year.

map.gif

If all of the intending to and have already (34) and only 3 of the reds did it as well, it would be 3/4 and enough to demand an Amendment and take the Fed out it forever.

Nemesis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Harrison County
    I would love to see Indiana woo those gun manufacturers in the anti- gun states( like Colt,Ruger and Springfield Armory to name a few) to come here

If you build it, they will come. Anyone can manufacture a firearm, it's not rocket science. If they pass this, it and it sticks, the manufacturers will spring up in every state that wants it.

Montana Firearms Freedom Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good Lord, one could only hope, I couldnt find any manufactures in Indiana, I did find one in Kentucky that caught my eye... Doublestar Corp. | Be Victorious :ar15:

Nemesis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Harrison County
    I did a little reading on the bill and i like it except for a few parts, SEC.1.(b)2.(b) LINE# 24-25

18 (b) This chapter does not apply to the following:
    19 (1) A firearm that cannot be carried and used by only one (1)
    20 person.
    21 (2) A firearm that:
    22 (A) has a bore diameter greater than one and one-half (1.5)
    23 inches; and
    24 (B) uses smokeless powder and not black powder as a
    25 propellant.

26 (3) A firearm that discharges at least two (2) projectiles with
    27 one (1) activation of the trigger or other firing device.
    28 (4) Ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an
    29 explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the
    30 firearm.

I don't reload ammo or know much about powder used, but unless you reload your own ammo doesn't all modern rounds use smokeless powder, .308 .223, and so on???

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    hope it passes because i have been wondering how i would register ak kit guns with receivers that i made in indiana.

handdoc48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Someday soon, anybody with a 3D parts printer will be able to create standard parts and assemble them:

Printing Parts | MIT Technology Review

An example of a commercial 3D printer:

Direct Metal (SLM)

Anybody with access to "open source" 1911 CAD files, for instance, could print parts. All the CAD drawings for a gun will fit on a thumb drive.

So, it would seem this law would allow citizens with access to such printers to "print" almost all nececcary parts in-state. The remaining parts could be forged, etc., in-state.

Question: are manufacturers currently allowed to sell directly to civilians, or are they required to sell through distribution and/or FFLs?

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Just sent emails to Grooms (asking him to support) and Clere (asking him to sponsor the same bill in the house)

Last edited:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Executive Order trumps states rights and by the time it's decided by a soon to be Obama appointed Supreme Court majority, the fight will be over. Just my opinion how it would play out.

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    SAS can's and there is a 1911 place here in Ft. Wayne. Also huntertown arms. There are some people making stuff around here.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I did a little reading on the bill and i like it except for a few parts, SEC.1.(b)2.(b) LINE# 24-25

18 (b) This chapter does not apply to the following:
    19 (1) A firearm that cannot be carried and used by only one (1)
    20 person.
    21 (2) A firearm that:
    22 (A) has a bore diameter greater than one and one-half (1.5)
    23 inches; and
    24 (B) uses smokeless powder and not black powder as a
    25 propellant.

26 (3) A firearm that discharges at least two (2) projectiles with
    27 one (1) activation of the trigger or other firing device.
    28 (4) Ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an
    29 explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the
    30 firearm.

I don't reload ammo or know much about powder used, but unless you reload your own ammo doesn't all modern rounds use smokeless powder, .308 .223, and so on???

The way I read that is with the 'and' on line 23 it requires BOTH parts to be in effect. So unless you shoot with a firearm that uses >1.5" projectiles you don't need to worry about it.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Eric Holder wil make sure it is illegal. Can't have states exersizing any type of states rights policies
    Would that be a violation of the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution? Oh that's right... they don't want us to acknowledge we have a U.S. Constitution. That pesky thing will have to go so Mr. President can continue with his "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America.":laugh:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    http://www.wthr.com/story/20536201/a-look-at-bills-bottled-up-by-indiana-senate

Some bills that apparently will see no action.............

INDIANAPOLIS -
    The following bills have been assigned by Senate President Pro Tem David Long to the Senate's rules committee, a step typically used to bottle up a proposal and prevent further action toward it becoming law:

- Prohibit state agencies or public universities from limiting firearms possession except for buildings that house courtrooms.

- Make any firearms or ammunition made in Indiana and remaining in the state not subject to federal laws or regulation.

- Allow public school districts to require recitation of the Lord's Prayer at the beginning of each school day.

- Prohibit abortions being sought based on the gender of the fetus or because the fetus has a genetic abnormality such as Down syndrome.

- Prohibit many arrests or searches by federal agents without written permission from the local county sheriff.

- Ban the use of unmanned aerial vehicles, or drones, by law enforcement agencies or others to monitor a person or property without consent.

- Eliminate the use of grand juries by prosecutors to decide the filing of criminal charges.

- Prohibit Indiana government entities from implementing any policies relating to the United Nation's 1992 conference on the environment, the subject of the novel titled "Agenda 21" by conservative commentator Glenn Beck.

- Block public school districts from starting the school year until after Labor Day unless the district follows a year-round calendar or takes other steps.

Top Bottom