• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Not a hipster PR stunt, just their way of telling the state to go pound sand. Good for them.

https://roadtrippers.com/blog/bank-street-brewhouse

t all started when a G-man actually cited a bartender after asking for a menu. The bartender knew their kitchen had just closed, and just replied, “Sorry, our kitchen is closed.” This innocent little utterance stuck the Bank Street Brewhouse barkeep with a citation, and out of this insane enforcing of an archaic law, their new menu was born...(It should be noted Bank Street Brewhouse does let you access good food through food trucks and other specially catered events, but apparently that wasn't good enough to be in compliance with the state.)

Relevant IC is in the first picture of the menu in the linked article.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not a hipster PR stunt, just their way of telling the state to go pound sand. Good for them.

There is no food at People's as the photographic evidence shows us and our eyewitness testified to.

It is a hipster PR stunt that INGO swallowed hook, line and sinker, right down to their goofy facial hair and pork pie hats.

Well, if it sells beer, good for the brewhouse!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    http://www.in.gov/atc/isep/2384.htm

Permit premises where alcoholic beverages are consumed by the "drink" are required to have food service available, at all times, for at least 25 persons. Minimum food service required consists of hot soups, hot sandwiches, coffee, milk, and soft drinks (see attached rule). (IC 7.1-3-20-9 & 905 IAC 1-20-1)

Not sure about People's and if they're classified the same as Bank Street. Maybe they're just a excise douche away from having the same menu.

The Sandman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Lafayette
    Late to the party as usual. Kirk, don't forget The Pint (in the old Potbelly's location). They don't make any brew, only sell, and no food served. You are however, free to BYO or have it delivered.

I second L Kora's steak tacos. I usually catch them up at 52 & Mc Carty Ln.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to a brewery up in Indianapolis a few weeks back. My dad was with me, and asked for one of the soft pretzels near the cashier. She said, "You don't want that... it's been there for weeks, we just leave it there to comply with the laws"

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Went to a brewery up in Indianapolis a few weeks back. My dad was with me, and asked for one of the soft pretzels near the cashier. She said, "You don't want that... it's been there for weeks, we just leave it there to comply with the laws"

Obviously they are just being hipsters...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Late to the party as usual. Kirk, don't forget The Pint (in the old Potbelly's location). They don't make any brew, only sell, and no food served. You are however, free to BYO or have it delivered.

Next Friday we will go to The Pint where alcohol is served but food is not.

I will again amaze INGO with photographic evidence that this entire complaint is nonsense and nothing more than attention seeking by complaining to those not in the know.

Obviously they are just being hipsters...

Likely, or Libertarians.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, the citation the bartender got from excise was probably just staged. Bunch of damn hipsters.​

I don't know, but watch me put a kybosh to this nonsense just like I did the "arrest for carrying blackpowder handgun" thread in one question.

"What is the cause number for the citation?"

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, lemme tell you. The law applies to holders of a brewer's permit that wish to serve beer by the glass for on premises consumption. It may be a PR stunt, but it's not a joke. Way back when, we had active conversations about where we were going to locate the microwave, and what flavors of Hot Pockets we were going to keep in the freezer. We wisely (I think) chose to forego selling pints on premises, except for during special events where we would make arrangements for food to be available on site.

The Sandman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Lafayette
    I'd help prove your point by drinking my share of beer Friday, I'm good at that, but I'm working then. Now Thursday, that's another story. I'll even bring my Old Army. :draw:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No clue. I guess that means you're correct in stating it's a PR stunt.

Outstanding work.

Not you, silly goose.

I'll ask the brewhouse and the Clerk of the Court.

Let's put this hipster rubbish to the test just like the nonsense about carrying a blackpowder pistol.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    "The Pint" in West Lafayette serves a hot dog and ramen noodles (from what a friend tells me). I think the prices are $10 each. They allow/encourage patrons to bring in food or have it delivered.

The Sandman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Lafayette
    "The Pint" in West Lafayette serves a hot dog and ramen noodles (from what a friend tells me). I think the prices are $10 each. They allow/encourage patrons to bring in food or have it delivered.

Ah, ok. When I asked the beertender about food I was told they had none but could order delivery or carry in.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ah, ok. When I asked the beertender about food I was told they had none but could order delivery or carry in.

We hit The Pint tonight.

No menu, but you could buy a hot dog for $50.00.

I had a Tesla Lager from our friends in Kentucky, Six Point. Great beer, fantastic aftertaste.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We hit The Pint tonight.

No menu, but you could buy a hot dog for $50.00.

I had a Tesla Lager from our friends in Kentucky, Six Point. Great beer, fantastic aftertaste.

So they were complying with the law after all. Hipster morons pulled a stunt, and you fell for it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So they were complying with the law after all. Hipster morons pulled a stunt, and you fell for it

No, I just drank their beer. Who is complying by having no food in their bar, People's?

They had no menu or food available, but I went outside and bought tacos when the food truck finally arrived.

EDIT: Since The Pint only offers $50 hotdogs (no soups, coffee, or milk, etc.), they do allow people to bring in food and two great joints are within easy walking distance of The Pint--Kibu Cafe and Greenleaf.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom