Indiana Budget Solvency -One of the best ? Well maybe not ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Last summer I was talking to my State Reps Aid and commented that that Indiana was in good shape budget wise with the Indiana Constitution mandating a balanced budget ... he said ... well maybe not ... Huhh ?
    He told me at that time we were in hock 1 billion to the feds for unemployment insurance .
    That was in May , June ( ? ) when I called . Seems that bill may have doubled .

So maybe it's just me .. where are Mad Dog ... that's Mitch Daniels and the republicans ?
    What's that thing I heard about in school ... oh yeah .. the 10th Amendment .
    Bigger question .
    If our Constitution says we can't go in debt were is the authority of the legislature to take the money ?
    If it's mandated . Where is the authority to over ride the Indiana Constitution with federal law .

Indiana owes nearly $2 billion to feds

Indiana unemployment changes worry workers, companies » Recent Local News » Evening News and Tribune

dd395-Debt%20(Site).jpg

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    How can unemployment be in the hole, my unemployment rates TRIPLED recently? Plus, there's plenty of work out there, as the govermnment has things so screwed up, I've had to lay off people and as the owner of a small business, I get to work more hours than ever! And the cool part about working all of those extra hours is the fact that I'm keeping my payroll expenses down as I personally am only making about $4.00 an hour! Gotta love the gubmint :dunno:

Who is John Galt?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    How can unemployment be in the hole, my unemployment rates TRIPLED recently?

Read the article, the taxes haven't kept up with benefits and union members have sweetheart clauses where they collect benefits during scheduled shutdowns when they are not required to even look for work. In effect, the taxpayer employers are subsidizing big businesses and unions. Those businesses with the scheduled down time don't care because even if they are maxed out on their experience account taxes, it's still cheaper than paying salaries.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Read the article, the taxes haven't kept up with benefits and union members have sweetheart clauses where they collect benefits during scheduled shutdowns when they are not required to even look for work. In effect, the taxpayer employers are subsidizing big businesses and unions. Those businesses with the scheduled down time don't care because even if they are maxed out on their experience account taxes, it's still cheaper than paying salaries.

I know, my bad, I was being sarcastic, shoulda used purple font!

Top Bottom