• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillbilly45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    Frankfort
    Looked for a thread about this but couldn't find one. I was hoping for some help finding a good catfishing area. I don't expect anyone to give up their secret honey holes, but any help would be appreciated. The Tippy just let me down last season not happening again. Thanks!

hillbilly45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    Frankfort
    I have good luck in the Ohio around markland dam

I have heard nothing but good things about that area. From what I understand that is close to where the state record was caught. I'll have to try it out, but it's quite a haul from Frankfort unfortunately.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    don't count on Williams dam being too good. there is a power co. from the east , don't remember the name of them, but they are supposed to start renovating the place to start producing power again. I don't know how this will effect the fishing there though. something I will keep a close eye on. I fished the white, both forks, and the ohio this last year, and had very little to show for it. I hope 2014 will be better.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Are you looking to catch fish to eat or trophy size blues and flatheads? I cat a bunch of eating size channels at Brookville every time I go but don't usually catch any over a couple pounds. I went to Hardy Lake 2 years ago for a weekend and caught around 50 in two days, all channels and anywhere from 1-15 pounds.

hillbilly45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    Frankfort
    Been looking for good trophy fishing. The Ohio River seems to be the place to go, but have heard about some monsters out on the oakdale dam

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    011613manti_dngnk.jpg

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Bluegrass FWA in Warrick county the big lake, fished deep in early spring using minnows.
    This is a small one.
    2ywu3xt.jpg

Or try the Ohio river between Evansville IN & Henderson KY on the Kentucky side letting the bait drift on the bottom.

Top Bottom