Indiana City Brewing Co. Kickstarter - New Beer Needs You!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UIndyKenneth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Kokomo, IN
    I know there have to be some local beer lovers out there like me. I came across this Kickstarter for Indiana City Brewing Co. They are a local brewer in Indy trying to get their feet off the ground and they need a little help doing so. Click on this link and watch the video and contribute if you feel led. I definitely will be throwing in some cash to this project once pay day comes. Lord knows I love me some quality beer.

For those of you who are unaware, Kickstarter is a website that gives web-surfers opportunities to help kickstart companies, projects, etc. Typically when you donate a certain amount of money to a kickstarter project, you get special perks determined by the company for supporting them. So if you give $5 you might get a "Thank you" card or e-mail, but the rewards increase from there. $100 contribution could be a free t-shirt, bottle opener, pint glass, early access pass, etc. It all depends on the company looking for the financial help.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are soooo many hipsters selling their own suds nowadays. I keep hoping to find one that's worth drinking.

I'll give this Indiana City a shot.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There are soooo many hipsters selling their own suds nowadays. I keep hoping to find one that's worth drinking.

I'll give this Indiana City a shot.
    If you can't find one in Indy worth drinking then you're not even trying. There are a few good micro breweries down there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you can't find one in Indy worth drinking then you're not even trying. There are a few good micro breweries down there.

Pffft, but if I put out effort then I cannot whine and cry on the Internet. The lot you know.

Probably no microbreweries next to the Arby's that I drive past on the way home from work.:D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm open to your suggestions.

Don't send me to some place that has a bunch of reproduction sportscrap on the walls that's run by a bunch of dudebros.

Inversely, please don't direct me to a place that has interpretive art-college 'art' hanging on the pallet wood walls and Morrissy moaning through its speakers.

If it's about their beer they supposedly make - in house or off sight - why do these trendies insist on insulting me with their culture?

Last edited:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Have you tried Triton on Fort Harrison? It's in an old mule barn. They bottle and distribute a few of their beers, but most are just on tap at their tasting room and in various bars. Their tasting room has their beers, a few guest taps, and they sell pretzels. Most weekends they will have some food truck parked outside if you want a meal. Triton Brewing Company : Indianapolis, Indiana

There is Beir Brewery On 65th near Allisonville. They just won the State Fair Brewers Cup though I've never made it down there to sample their stuff. Home Tiny place and they will sometimes sell out of their beers before Sunday.

There's Sun King downtown. I've enjoyed everything of theirs that I have tried. $5 growler fills of their house beers on Friday is the best deal in the city. Sun King Brewing Co. You can find four packs of tall boys at most liquor stores for $10-$12.

There is definitely good local beers to be found.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Perry's suggestions are spot on, and one's I would have suggested, too. A bit of travel gets you to Noblesville for Barley Island. You can't get more minimalist than their decor'. There are a few others in town, too. The breweries aren't sports or fern bars. They're places for beer aficionados and lovers to congregate. Lots of the local food trucks hang out at Triton and SunKing, so you can get good food to go with your beer many days.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't send me to some place that has a bunch of reproduction sportscrap on the walls that's run by a bunch of dudebros.

Inversely, please don't direct me to a place that has interpretive art-college 'art' hanging on the pallet wood walls and Morrissy moaning through its speakers.

FYI, I was at Twenty Tap in Broad Ripple a few weeks ago (I did not drink, I just stared longingly at the beer list and wept silently) and they did not some repro beer signs on the wall, so be warned and be afraid, be very, very afraid of the signs.

Twenty Tap - Craft.Beer.Bar.

Top Bottom